JAKKS Pacific (JAKK) Approves $80M Common Tender; Updates on Board Changes, Oaktree Agreement
- Wall St. falls as earnings from some big names disappoint
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/25: (SAEX) (CWEI) (SWFT) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (UA) Lower (more...)
JAKKS Pacific, Inc. (Nasdaq: JAKK) updates on the following actions:
- approved, subject to certain conditions, a tender offer to its shareholders to purchase common stock of the Company with an aggregate value of at least $80,000,000 at a price per share equal to at least $20.00 per share. The Company will use reasonable efforts to commence the self-tender offer no later than May 25, 2012,
- approved an increase in the number of directors from six to eight,
- approved the election of Peter Reilly as an independent director to fill one of the new board seats, and his appointment to the Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee and Audit Committee of the Board, and authorized the Company to conduct a search for an additional independent director, and
- authorized representatives of the Company to meet with Oaktree Capital Management, L.P. (“Oaktree”), and to provide Oaktree with information about the Company, which Oaktree has requested of the Company, subject to execution of a customary confidentiality agreement.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Basic Energy Services (BAS) Files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy; Appoints New Chief Restructuring Officer
- Tesco Names JAKKS Pacific Supplier of the Year
- Theravance Biopharma (TBPH) Announces Positive Data from TD-0714 Phase 1 MAD Trial
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Stock Buybacks
Related EntitiesClinton Group
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!