J.C. Penney (JCP) Names Arby's CEO Brown as Director
- Wall Street climbs in wake of first presidential face-off
- Nike (NKE) Tops Q1 EPS by 17c; Futures Orders Miss Views
- Tempur Sealy (TPX) Updates on Outlook; Sees Q3 Sales Below Prior Expectations
- Galectin (GALT) Reports Exploratory Phase 2a Pilot Trial of GR-MD-02 in Nash Misses Primary Biomarker Endpoint; Announces $1.5M Private Placement
- After-Hours Stock Movers 09/27: (SEED) (GALE) (CTAS) Higher; (GALT) (TPX) (NKE) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
J.C. Penney (NYSE: JCP) announced the election of Paul Brown, chief executive officer of Arby’s Restaurant Group, Inc., to its board of directors. With extensive experience in the food service, hospitality, e-commerce and consulting industries, Brown has a proven track record of improving the performance of leading global and franchise brands.
“Paul is credited for building the financial performance at several global brands by understanding the importance of attracting a new generation of customers as the primary means for sustainable growth,” said Marvin R. Ellison, chairman and chief executive officer of JCPenney. “His broad expertise makes him an excellent addition to our board as JCPenney continues delivering lasting customer loyalty through value, exclusive shopping experiences and enhanced omnichannel execution.”
“I’m honored to join the board of directors at JCPenney - a Company with a rich history of meeting the needs of an ever-changing American consumer,” Brown added. “It’s a privilege to work with a team that understands the need for a fully integrated online and in-store experience, while staying true to its founding values of excellent service and quality merchandise.”
Brown has spent three years leading Arby’s Restaurant Group, Inc., a company operating and franchising more than 3,300 restaurant locations worldwide. He is responsible for a successful brand revitalization at Arby’s, focusing on company culture, customer service, and new brand positioning and marketing campaigns. Prior to Arby’s, Brown served as president, brands and commercial services at Hilton Worldwide, a hospitality company with more than 4,700 hotels, resorts and timeshare properties. Prior to that, Brown served as president of Expedia North America and Expedia Inc.’s Partner Services Group at Expedia, Inc., the world’s largest online travel company, and was also partner at McKinsey & Co. consulting. Brown currently serves on the board of directors at H&R Block, Inc. and Lindblad Expeditions Holdings, Inc., and is a member of the Georgia Tech Foundation’s board of trustees.
Brown has a B.A. degree in business administration and management from Georgia Institute of Technology, and an MBA in marketing and finance from Northwestern University. In June, he was named recipient of an EY Entrepreneur of The Year® 2016 Award in the Southeast.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Fiesta Restauran (FRGI) Appoints Interim CEO; Will Suspend Pollo Tropical Developments in Texas, Continue to Own Taco Cabana
- Chesapeake Energy (CHK) Disclosed that Vincent Intrieri and Jack Lipinski Resigned from the Board
- Corrections Corp. (CXW) Announces Corp. Restructuring; Plans Workforce Reduction
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!