Iron Mountain (IRM) Enters Agreement to Sell Iron Mountain Australian Business; Sees non-Cash Impairment in Q3
- Wall Street set to open flat as investors test rally
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
- Oil slips on doubts output cut will end global glut
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/07: (EMKR) (PLAY) (WDC) Higher; (SIGM) (AVAV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Iron Mountain Incorporated (NYSE: IRM) has received requisite approval from the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) to sell the majority of its Australian records management business (as it existed prior to the acquisition of Recall) to a consortium led by Housatonic Partners for a total consideration of approximately A$70 million, subject to adjustments.
Housatonic Partners is a private equity firm focused on investing in growing, profitable companies in the business services, tech-enabled services and healthcare industries. Founded in 1994, Housatonic has offices in San Francisco, California, and Boston, Massachusetts and has owned and operated records management companies in the United States and Europe.
As disclosed on March 31, 2016, the ACCC decision not to oppose the acquisition of Recall was contingent on Iron Mountain’s undertaking to divest its Australian business, except for its data management business throughout Australia and its records and information management and data management businesses in the Northern Territory of Australia, which were transferred to Iron Mountain’s combined Australian company following the acquisition of Recall.
Completion of the sale of Iron Mountain’s Australian business to the consortium had been subject to the ACCC’s approval, which has now been confirmed. The parties currently expect the transaction to close within 7 to 10 days of this announcement. Iron Mountain expects to record a non-cash impairment charge during the third quarter of 2016 of approximately $14.0 million. This impairment charge will impact Q3 2016 GAAP Earnings per Share (EPS) but will be excluded from Adjusted EPS.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Curtiss-Wright (CW) to Acquire Teletronics Technology in $233M Cash Deal
- Xerox Corp. (XRX) Updates on Growth Expectations, Initiatives Post-Conduent (CNDT) Spin-off
- Varian Medical Systems (VAR) Updates on Imaging Components Business Separation; Will Receive ~$200M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance, Management Comments, Spinoffs
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!