Invivo Therapeutics (NVIV) to Make Late-Breaking Presentation on INSPIRE Trial at Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- Top 10 News for 9/26 - 9/30: Deutsche Bank Soars on Settlement; Twitter Back in the M&A Fray; Nike 'Just Didn't Do It' in Q1
- Wall Street rallies, led by Deutsche Bank, financials
- Viacom (VIAB) Forms Special Committee; Will Explore Potential Combination with CBS (CBS)
- Deutsche Bank (DB) Said Near $5.4B Settlement with U.S. - AFP
- Oil up second straight month on OPEC-fueled rally
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
InVivo Therapeutics Holdings Corp. (NVIV) announced that Michael Fehlings, M.D., Ph.D., Director of the Spinal Program at the Krembil Neuroscience Centre of Toronto Western Hospital and a Professor of Neurosurgery at the University of Toronto, will give a late-breaking oral presentation titled “Clinical-Pathological Assessment of Severe (AIS A) Traumatic Acute Thoracic Spinal Cord Injury: Post-Durotomy/Myelotomy Observations from the INSPIRE Trial” at the 2016 Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS) Annual Meeting on September 28, 2016. The abstract was one of the top three late-breaking abstracts chosen for an oral presentation.
“INSPIRE has provided new insights into acute spinal cord injury pathology, allowing for the application of the Neuro-Spinal ScaffoldTM as a potential new treatment modality for complete spinal cord injury. I’m looking forward to sharing the findings with the neurosurgical community,” Dr. Fehlings said.
Mark Perrin, InVivo’s Chief Executive Officer and Chairman, said “We are delighted that important scientific observations being made in the INSPIRE study were selected for late-breaking oral presentation at a prestigious neurosurgical conference and that one of the leaders in the field of spinal cord injury treatment and research is making the presentation.”
As previously announced, Nicholas Theodore, M.D., Director of the John Hopkins Neurosurgical Spine Center, will be giving an oral platform presentation; Robert Heary, M.D., Director of the Spine Center at Rutgers New Jersey Medical School will be giving a poster presentation; and the company will have a steering committee meeting and exhibitor booth.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Berry Plastics Group (BERY) Names Tom Salmon as COO; CEO Jon Rich to Retire
- Kindred Biosciences (KIN) Submits Safety Technical Section to FDA Related to Mirataz NADA
- Langley Holdings to Acquire Substantially All Assets of Active Power (ACPW) Under New Asset Purchase Agreement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!