InvenSense (INVN), Panasonic Enter MEMS-Based Internal Sensor Collaboration
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
InvenSense, Inc. (NYSE: INVN) announced a collaboration with Panasonic Corporation for the development of innovative sensor technology solutions and of new automotive safety high-performance MEMS-based inertial sensors. The new 6-axis (3-axis accelerometer + 3-axis gyroscope) safety inertial sensor is the industry’s smallest size and facilitates system miniaturization for safety applications, such as rollover detection and electronic stability control. The new safety inertial sensor, currently sampling, supports the most demanding low-bias drift, low-sensitivity drift, and high-vibration robustness performance requirements.
Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), safety improvements, improved comfort, and personalized in-vehicle experiences are accelerating the need for better sensor technologies. Furthermore, automakers and system integrators are increasingly looking for innovation to improve system reliability, lower system cost, and reduce time to market. Panasonic’s leadership position in the automotive market with established channels, in-depth insight into automotive development and InvenSense’s high volume fabrication platform and high performance MEMS-based motion tracking devices are providing substantial benefits to the automotive markets, including:
- Innovative high-quality/high-reliability sensor solutions
- Accelerated adoption of innovative consumerized sensor solutions for automotive
- Pioneering 6-axis (accelerometer + gyroscope) safety inertial sensor with best-in-class performance for TCS (Traction Control System), ESC (Electronic Stability Control), RSC (Roll Stability Control), PSC (Pitch Stability Control), ROS (Rollover airbag System), ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control), and AFS (Adaptive Front-lighting System) applications
The new 6-axis inertial tracking sensor features an accelerometer and a gyroscope combo, optimized for highly demanding safety applications, sensing up to 36g acceleration and up to 300 dps with high accuracy and low-noise over temperature and lifetime. The new sensor has been developed according to ISO26262 and will be qualified according to AEC-Q100 grade 1.
In the automotive market, the miniaturization/integration of sensors and components is becoming the key success factor as more and more systems are integrated. This safety inertial sensor features a highly reliable 6-axis sensor in a small package, thereby providing more flexibility for installation in the system. Further, the package’s footprint is a quarter of that of conventional Panasonic model, contributing to the development of space-saving multifunctional systems.
“We are proud to collaborate with Panasonic. This joint partnership enables Panasonic and InvenSense to bring to market the best 6-axis inertial device for automotive safety applications, enabling our customers with increased installation flexibly, higher utilization and improved performance,” said Amir Panush, vice president strategy & corporate development at InvenSense. “Soaring demand for advanced sensor systems to support automated driving systems and big-data analytics is imperative as the market goes through a technology consumerization.”
For additional information about the InvenSense sensor platforms, please visit www.invensense.com or contact InvenSense Sales at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Skyline Medical (SKLN) Appoints New CEO, Board Member
- bluebird bio (BLUE) Names New COO and New SVP of Europe
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!