Invacare Corp. (IVC) Sells ProBasics Brand
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Invacare Corporation (NYSE: IVC) announced that it has completed the sale of its subsidiary, Garden City Medical, Inc., dba PMI and Pinnacle Medsource, which sources and distributes primarily single-use products under the brand ProBasics® by PMI, to Compass Health Brands for approximately $13.8 million in cash, subject to certain post-closing adjustments. As part of the transition, Invacare will cease selling the ProBasics products after a 15-day transition period.
''While we remain committed to the Invacare® brand of lifestyle products, the ProBasics value-oriented line of products no longer fits within the company’s strategy to focus on solutions that bring greater benefits for clinically complex conditions and post-acute care. This divestiture represents another step in our transformation toward using our technical leadership and resources more productively,'' said Matthew E. Monaghan, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, of Invacare Corporation.
''The added distribution and volumes this acquisition brings will help us to leverage lower costs across our product portfolio and deliver better value to our customers,'' said Stuart Straus, President and Chief Executive Officer of Compass Health Brands. ''In addition, the ProBasics brand greatly enhances our ability to meet the growing needs of competitive bid winners.''
Subject to certain post-closing adjustments and any restructuring charges, Invacare preliminarily estimates it will realize net proceeds of approximately $12.9 million, net of tax and expenses. For the first six months ended June 30, 2016, net external sales for Garden City Medical, Inc. were approximately $18.2 million, and earnings before tax were approximately $1.3 million. These financials exclude intercompany sales of ProBasics products and related profit at Garden City Medical, Inc., and other Invacare entities.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- B&G Foods (BGS) Acquires Victoria Fine Foods for $70M
- MarketAxess Holdings (MKTX) Announces Monthly Performance Results for November 2016
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Spinoffs
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!