Invacare Corp. (IVC) Sells ProBasics Brand
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Invacare Corporation (NYSE: IVC) announced that it has completed the sale of its subsidiary, Garden City Medical, Inc., dba PMI and Pinnacle Medsource, which sources and distributes primarily single-use products under the brand ProBasics® by PMI, to Compass Health Brands for approximately $13.8 million in cash, subject to certain post-closing adjustments. As part of the transition, Invacare will cease selling the ProBasics products after a 15-day transition period.
''While we remain committed to the Invacare® brand of lifestyle products, the ProBasics value-oriented line of products no longer fits within the company’s strategy to focus on solutions that bring greater benefits for clinically complex conditions and post-acute care. This divestiture represents another step in our transformation toward using our technical leadership and resources more productively,'' said Matthew E. Monaghan, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, of Invacare Corporation.
''The added distribution and volumes this acquisition brings will help us to leverage lower costs across our product portfolio and deliver better value to our customers,'' said Stuart Straus, President and Chief Executive Officer of Compass Health Brands. ''In addition, the ProBasics brand greatly enhances our ability to meet the growing needs of competitive bid winners.''
Subject to certain post-closing adjustments and any restructuring charges, Invacare preliminarily estimates it will realize net proceeds of approximately $12.9 million, net of tax and expenses. For the first six months ended June 30, 2016, net external sales for Garden City Medical, Inc. were approximately $18.2 million, and earnings before tax were approximately $1.3 million. These financials exclude intercompany sales of ProBasics products and related profit at Garden City Medical, Inc., and other Invacare entities.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Herbalife (HLF) Provides Q4, FY17 Guidance in Memorandum for $1.325B Credit Facility; Lowers FY17 Sales Guidance
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Ono Enter Settlement and License Agreement with Merck (MRK) to Resolve PD-1 Antibody Patent Litigation
- Amaya (AYA) Sees Higher 2016 Revs, EBITDA, EPS; CFO Daniel Sebag to Retire
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Spinoffs
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!