Intuit (INTU) Says QuickBooks Online Meets, Exceeds 1.5M Paid Subs Milestone
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq: INTU) announced that QuickBooks Online has more than 1.5 million paying subscribers, extending its global market leadership as more small businesses move to the cloud.
“This milestone is proof of our ongoing commitment to our small business, self-employed, accountant and developer customers,” said Sasan Goodarzi, executive vice president of Intuit’s Small Business Group. “We look forward to continuing to build on our success as we grow the QuickBooks ecosystem around the world.”
Intuit has served small businesses and accountants with QuickBooks for more than 20 years. Today, small business owners are turning to the cloud in record numbers. Intuit research shows that U.S. small business owners already spend an average of four hours a day online. The adoption of cloud tools by small businesses is expected to accelerate in the coming years, with a projected 78 percent of small businesses fully adapted to the cloud by 2020.
The growth of QuickBooks Online is being fueled by a network effect of small businesses, the self-employed, developers and accountants all working together.
- Small Businesses: More than 80 percent of QuickBooks Online customers are new to the Intuit franchise, a reflection of how QuickBooks is at the leading edge of small business cloud adoption.
- Self-Employed: Since launching in January 2015, QuickBooks Self-Employed has helped subscribers identify an average of $4,340 in potential tax savings annually.
- Developers: Over 26,000 developers are actively creating QuickBooks apps, and approximately 15 percent of QuickBooks Online customers connect to at least one third-party app.
- Accountants: More than 600,000 QuickBooks Online subscribers are now linked to accountants; more than 100,000 accountant customers have at least three QuickBooks Online clients.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Midstates Petroleum (MPO) Completes Ch. 11 Bankruptcy; Will Trade Under 'MPO'
- Four Corners Property Trust (FCPT) Acquires Dairy Queen Restaurant
- Viveve Medical (VIVE) Files Patent Infringement Lawsuit Against Thermi in Texas
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!