Int'l Flavors & Fragrances (IFF) Enters Agreement to Acquire David Michael & Company
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. (NYSE: IFF) announced that it has entered into an agreement to acquire David Michael & Company, Incorporated.
Founded in 1896, David Michael is a privately-held flavors company headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. The Company is well-known in the industry for its vanilla expertise, strength in the Dairy and Beverage categories, and relationships with dynamic, faster-growing middle-market customers.
“This bolt-on acquisition of David Michael is another important milestone in IFF’s Vision 2020 business strategy, helping us to win where we compete in the world’s largest flavors market as we look to further accelerate growth,” said IFF Chairman and CEO Andreas Fibig. “IFF and David Michael share a strong commitment to innovation, rich histories, and a passion for our customers, making them a great addition to our organization.”
Matthias Haeni, Group President, Flavors added, “For three generations, David Michael has been a vital player in the industry, building an outstanding portfolio of capabilities and customer relationships. Merging and leveraging the strengths of both IFF-Ottens Flavors, acquired in 2015, and David Michael, we look to further reinforce our differentiated service model in the US for middle-market customers, focused on innovation, agility, and enhanced collaboration. The unique go-to-market platform is fueled by technologies that spark the senses and transform the everyday. We look forward to welcoming David Michael into the IFF family.”
The transaction, funded from existing resources, is expected to add approximately $85 million in revenue in 2017. Financial terms of the deal have not been disclosed.
The completion of this transaction is subject to clearance by the relevant regulatory authorities and satisfaction of other customary closing conditions. Until the transaction closes, which is expected to occur in the fourth quarter of 2016, David Michael and IFF will operate as separate companies.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rite Aid (RAD)/Walgreens (WBA) Antitrust Concerns Doesn't Mean Deal is Dead, Says Deutsche Bank
- FORM Holdings Corp. (Nasdaq: FH) to Ring The Nasdaq Stock Market Opening Bell
- PG&E Submits $250M Proposal in Support of Electric Vehicles in California (PCG)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesTwitter, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!