Intersections (INTX) Evaluating Proposal to Acquire Pet Health Monitoring Segment
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Intersections Inc. (Nasdaq: INTX) ("Intersections, Inc. or the "Company") announced today that its Board of Directors has received a non-binding proposal from Loeb Holding Corporation ("LHC"), the Company's largest stockholder, to acquire the Company's Pet Health Monitoring Segment. LHC's proposal is set forth in an amendment to its Schedule 13D filed today with the SEC.
The process of evaluating the proposal and negotiation of any transaction will be overseen by a Special Committee of three independent directors: Thomas G. Amato, Steve Bartlett and John H. Lewis. The Special Committee has selected Baker Botts LLP to serve as its independent legal advisor and expects to retain an independent financial advisor to assist the Special Committee in evaluating the proposal.
The Board of Directors cautions the Company's stockholders and others considering trading in its securities that the Board of Directors and the Special Committee have just received the proposal and no decisions have been made by the Board of Directors or the Special Committee with respect to the Company's response to the proposal. There can be no assurance that any definitive offer will be made or accepted, that any agreement will be executed or that any transaction will be completed. The Company does not intend to comment further regarding the evaluation of LHC's proposal, unless and until definitive agreements for a transaction are entered into or the Special Committee determines to conclude the process, or as otherwise required by law.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
- F.N.B. Corp (FNB), Yadkin Financial (YDKN) Shareholders Approve Merger
- Corvex Management Cuts Signet Jewelers (SIG) Stake in Half
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related Entities13D, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!