International Paper (IP) Says DOJ Completed Probe of Weyerhaeuser Deal; No Action Taken
- Futures fall on Trump's protectionist address
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Calls Apple's (AAPL) Claims 'Baseless'
- Unease over Trump sends dollar to one-and-half month low
- Kate Spade (KATE) Said to Attract Interest from Coach (COH) and Michael Kors (KORS) - Bloomberg
- European stocks hit three-week low as Trump reality sets in
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Weyerhaeuser Pulp Business
On May 1, 2016, the Company entered into a definitive agreement to purchase the pulp business of Weyerhaeuser Company for $2.2 billion in cash, subject to certain adjustments, including a reduction for the amount of debt being assumed, which was approximately $88 million as of September 30, 2016. Because the transaction is a purchase of assets, International Paper expects to realize a tax benefit with an estimated net present value of approximately $300 million. Under the terms of the agreement, International Paper will acquire four fluff pulp mills, one Northern bleached softwood kraft mill and two converting facilities of modified fiber, located in the United States, Canada and Poland. The acquisition is expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2016, subject to the satisfaction of certain closing conditions, primarily the receipt of regulatory approvals. On August 4, 2016, the Company learned that the U.S. Department of Justice had completed its investigation of the transaction without taking any action, but regulatory approval is still needed in other jurisdictions.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Silgan (SLGN) to Acquire WestRock's (WRK) Specialty Closures and Dispensing Systems Business for $1.03B
- HomeStreet (HMST) Announces Finalization of Settlement Agreement with SEC
- Xtant Medical Holdings (XTNT) Announces Resignation of CEO Dan Goldberger
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!