International Paper (IP) Says DOJ Completed Probe of Weyerhaeuser Deal; No Action Taken
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Weyerhaeuser Pulp Business
On May 1, 2016, the Company entered into a definitive agreement to purchase the pulp business of Weyerhaeuser Company for $2.2 billion in cash, subject to certain adjustments, including a reduction for the amount of debt being assumed, which was approximately $88 million as of September 30, 2016. Because the transaction is a purchase of assets, International Paper expects to realize a tax benefit with an estimated net present value of approximately $300 million. Under the terms of the agreement, International Paper will acquire four fluff pulp mills, one Northern bleached softwood kraft mill and two converting facilities of modified fiber, located in the United States, Canada and Poland. The acquisition is expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2016, subject to the satisfaction of certain closing conditions, primarily the receipt of regulatory approvals. On August 4, 2016, the Company learned that the U.S. Department of Justice had completed its investigation of the transaction without taking any action, but regulatory approval is still needed in other jurisdictions.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- McDonald's (MCD) Director Walter Massey to Retire
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!