International Game Tech (IGT) Unit Enters Extended Agreement with Texas Lottery
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
International Game Technology PLC (NYSE: IGT) announced that its subsidiary, IGT Global Solutions Corporation, with an assumed name in the State of Texas of IGT Solutions Corporation (with International Game Technology PLC, hereinafter "IGT"), has signed a six-year contract extension with the Texas Lottery Commission ("Texas Lottery") to continue providing lottery operations and services through Aug. 31, 2026. The Texas Lottery has been a valued IGT customer since the Texas Lottery's startup in 1992.
"We welcome the opportunity to extend our longstanding partnership with the Texas Lottery," said Jay Gendron, IGT Senior Vice President, WLA North America Lottery. "The Texas Lottery is a highly-regarded organization raising more than $25 billion for good causes since it began selling lottery tickets in 1992. We look forward to continuing to support the Texas Lottery over the next decade and help them to maximize contributions to Texas' public education and veterans' programs."
J. Winston Krause, Texas Lottery Commission Chairman, said, "This is good government and a testament to the Lottery's strong contract monitoring and compliance work. The contract extension positions us to continue to produce record revenue for Texas education and veterans while being smart, responsible stewards of state funds."
"We appreciate the outstanding job IGT has performed as the lottery operator for the state of Texas," continued Mr. Krause. "IGT shares our passion for innovation and our pursuit to provide the citizens of Texas with the best entertainment experience available through our products."
Under the contract extension, IGT will continue to provide the Texas Lottery with lottery central systems, data center operations, field sales organization, retail equipment and support, warehouse and distribution, call center, and marketing services.
The Texas Lottery generated record sales of approximately $5.067 billion in its fiscal year 2016, and ranks #5 in the United States in terms of total sales.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Overseas Shipholding Group (OSG) Approves Previously Announced Spin-Off
- Pfizer (PFE), Astellas Announce FDA Approval of Updated XTANDI Label for Adv. Prostate Cancer
- Merck (MRK) Announces KEYTRUDA Phase 3 KEYNOTE-045 Met Primary Endpoint; Trial Stopped Early
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDividend, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!