Intercept Pharma (ICPT) Completes POISE Enrollment
- Aetna (AET) to Acquire Humana (HUM) for $37 Billion, or $230/Share
- Top 10 News for 6/29 - 7/2: Greece's Bark Bites Markets; Tesla's Q2 Sales Outpace; Major Insurance Merger Announced
- Yelp (YELP) Sale Process Said to Stall as CEO Changes Mind
- UPDATE: Nonfarm Payrolls Added 223K in June, Missing Views Amid Gains in Health Care, Retail Trade
- Kraft Heinz Co (KHC) Announces Completion of Merger; Updates on Next Steps; Announces Dividend
Intercept Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: ICPT) (Intercept) announced that it has completed enrollment in POISE, its pivotal Phase 3 clinical trial of obeticholic acid (OCA) in primary biliary cirrhosis (PBC). Results from the 12-month double-blind portion of POISE are anticipated to be available in the second quarter of 2014 and, if successful, will be used to seek regulatory approval of OCA, a first-in-class FXR agonist, as a second line treatment in PBC. By enrolling 218 patients at 59 centers in 13 countries, Intercept exceeded its targeted number of patients and completed enrollment in POISE faster than originally projected.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Intercept (ICPT) 'On-Time' PBC Filing De-Risks US 2016 Launch Timelines, UBS Says
- Medicines Co. (MDCO) Patents on Angiomax Invalid (HSP) - Bloomberg
- Arrowhead Research (ARWR) Doses First Patient in ARC-AAT Phase 1 Part B
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!