Intercept Pharma (ICPT) Completes POISE Enrollment
- Top 10 News for 2/23 - 2/27: Revised GDP Slips, but Beats, in Q4; Two Pharma Giants to Merge; Net Neutrality Passes
- UPDATE: Revised Q4 GDP Growth Slows to 2.2% as Private Inventory Investment Estimate Trimmed
- Former AIG (AIG) CEO Benmosche Dies at Age 70
- UPDATE: FDIC Takes Over Doral Bank (DRL) in Puerto Rico
- Ericsson (ERIC) Files Complaints Against Apple (AAPL) Over Patent Infringement
Intercept Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: ICPT) (Intercept) announced that it has completed enrollment in POISE, its pivotal Phase 3 clinical trial of obeticholic acid (OCA) in primary biliary cirrhosis (PBC). Results from the 12-month double-blind portion of POISE are anticipated to be available in the second quarter of 2014 and, if successful, will be used to seek regulatory approval of OCA, a first-in-class FXR agonist, as a second line treatment in PBC. By enrolling 218 patients at 59 centers in 13 countries, Intercept exceeded its targeted number of patients and completed enrollment in POISE faster than originally projected.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- CEL-SCI Corp (CVM) Achieves Key Milestone in Multikine Phase 3
- Trading Radar for 3/2: JinkoSolar (JKS), Sotheby's (BID), Nabors (NBR), Palo Alto Networks (PANW) Report
- Pharmacyclics (PCYC) Ibrutinib w/ Anti-PD-L1 Antibody Data Published in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!