Intercept Pharma (ICPT) Completes POISE Enrollment
- Nonfarm Payrolls Rose 175K in Feb., Led by Gains in Trade, Services
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 03/07: (SMSI) (SKUL) (PLUG) Higher; (NVTL) (PXLW) (ALOG) Lower
- Coupons.com (COUP) IPO Surges Higher
- Cerberus to Acquire Safeway (SWY) for $40/Share
- UPDATE: Palo Alto Networks (PANW)/ Juniper (JNPR) Patent Case Declared Mistrial
Intercept Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: ICPT) (Intercept) announced that it has completed enrollment in POISE, its pivotal Phase 3 clinical trial of obeticholic acid (OCA) in primary biliary cirrhosis (PBC). Results from the 12-month double-blind portion of POISE are anticipated to be available in the second quarter of 2014 and, if successful, will be used to seek regulatory approval of OCA, a first-in-class FXR agonist, as a second line treatment in PBC. By enrolling 218 patients at 59 centers in 13 countries, Intercept exceeded its targeted number of patients and completed enrollment in POISE faster than originally projected.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Regeneron (REGN) Advised by FDA on PCSK9 Adverse Events
- Sangamo BioSciences (SGMO) ZFN Data Published in NEJM
- NewLink Genetics (NLNK) Continues Phase 3 IMPRESS
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!