Intercept Pharma (ICPT) Receives Final Approval for Securities Class Action Settlement
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Intercept Pharma (Nasdaq: ICPT) disclosed the following in a U.S. SEC filing on Monday:
Item 8.01 Other Events.
On September 8, 2016, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York (the “Court”) granted final approval of the previously announced agreement with the lead plaintiff to settle the purported securities class action litigation, styled In re: Intercept Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Securities Litigation, against Intercept Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (the “Company” or “Intercept”) and certain of its officers.
The settlement included the payment of $55 million, of which $10 million was funded by the Company’s insurers. The defendants do not admit any liability as part of the settlement.
The final judgment and order of the Court included a dismissal of the action with prejudice against all defendants.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Caterpillar (CAT) Reports World Machine Sales Down 18% in Sept.
- New York REIT (NYRT), WW Investors Enter Settlement Agreement
- Global Blood Therapeutics (GBT) Chief Medical Officer Ramos Retired
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!