Intercept Pharma (ICPT) Receives Final Approval for Securities Class Action Settlement
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/06: (PLAY) (ANTH) (WDC) Higher; (AVAV) (ESV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Intercept Pharma (Nasdaq: ICPT) disclosed the following in a U.S. SEC filing on Monday:
Item 8.01 Other Events.
On September 8, 2016, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York (the “Court”) granted final approval of the previously announced agreement with the lead plaintiff to settle the purported securities class action litigation, styled In re: Intercept Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Securities Litigation, against Intercept Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (the “Company” or “Intercept”) and certain of its officers.
The settlement included the payment of $55 million, of which $10 million was funded by the Company’s insurers. The defendants do not admit any liability as part of the settlement.
The final judgment and order of the Court included a dismissal of the action with prejudice against all defendants.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Corvex Management Cuts Signet Jewelers (SIG) Stake in Half
- Celgene (CELG) Presents Strong Results from REVLIMID StaMINA, Myeloma XI Studies
- Rent-A-Center (RCII) VP of Finance, CFO and Treasurer Guy Constant Resigns
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!