InterOil Corp. (IOC) Updates on Court of Appeal Process Related to ExxonMobil (XOM) Litigation; Says Hearing Will be Expedited
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
InterOil Corporation (NYSE: IOC) provided an update on the court approval process regarding the pending transaction with ExxonMobil Corporation (NYSE: XOM). Today, the Court of Appeal of the Yukon has accommodated an expedited hearing with respect to the appeal lodged by Phil Mulacek, which is scheduled to be heard on October 31, 2016.
In addition, the Court of Appeal of Yukon granted a stay of the Supreme Court of Yukon's order approving the transaction, pending the hearing.
InterOil continues to believe that the transaction represents compelling value for all InterOil shareholders and will vigorously oppose Mr Mulacek's appeal. InterOil and ExxonMobil intend to close the transaction promptly following receipt of a favorable resolution.
As previously announced, the Supreme Court of Yukon approved the transaction on October 7, 2016, finding that it is fair and reasonable.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Teva Pharma (TEVA) Appoints New Global Generic Medicines Group CEO; FY16 Guidance Affirmed
- Vulcan Materials (VMC) Director Elaine Chao to Resign After Being Tapped by Trump Admin.
- PAR Technology (PAR) Taps Chobani's Menar as CFO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!