InterOil Corp. (IOC) Updates on Court of Appeal Process Related to ExxonMobil (XOM) Litigation; Says Hearing Will be Expedited
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
InterOil Corporation (NYSE: IOC) provided an update on the court approval process regarding the pending transaction with ExxonMobil Corporation (NYSE: XOM). Today, the Court of Appeal of the Yukon has accommodated an expedited hearing with respect to the appeal lodged by Phil Mulacek, which is scheduled to be heard on October 31, 2016.
In addition, the Court of Appeal of Yukon granted a stay of the Supreme Court of Yukon's order approving the transaction, pending the hearing.
InterOil continues to believe that the transaction represents compelling value for all InterOil shareholders and will vigorously oppose Mr Mulacek's appeal. InterOil and ExxonMobil intend to close the transaction promptly following receipt of a favorable resolution.
As previously announced, the Supreme Court of Yukon approved the transaction on October 7, 2016, finding that it is fair and reasonable.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Western Union (WU) Admits Anti-Money Laundering and Consumer Fraud Violations, Forfeits $586M in Settlement
- CFPB Sues TCF National (TCB) Bank for Tricking Consumers Into Costly Overdraft Service
- Accenture (ACN) to Acquire Seabury Group's Corporate Advisory and Aviation Consulting Business; Terms Not Disclosed
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!