InterOil (IOC) Shareholders Vote to Approve ExxonMobil (XOM) Transaction
- Wall St. opens higher as M&A activity boosts confidence
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/24: (BEAV) (JPEP) (HLT) Higher; (BAS) (INO) (ADRO) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
InterOil Corporation (NYSE: IOC) today announced that at a Special Meeting held today, its shareholders overwhelmingly voted to approve the transaction with Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE: XOM). Of the votes cast at the Special Meeting, more than 80 percent were in favor of the proposed transaction.
"I would like to thank our shareholders for their overwhelming support for this value-creating transaction," said InterOil Chairman Chris Finlayson. "This transaction delivers shareholders a material and immediate premium, a potential direct cash payment based on the Elk-Antelope resource certification and exposure to future value through ownership of ExxonMobil shares. We look forward to continuing to work with ExxonMobil to satisfy the last required conditions and to completing the transaction promptly."
The transaction is expected to close by the end of September 2016. InterOil intends to seek a final order with respect to the plan of arrangement at a hearing in the Supreme Court of Yukon, which is scheduled for September 27, 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Analogic (ALOG) CEO Green Resigns; Successor Named
- Uranium Resources (URRE) Receives $0.25M Extension Payment from Laramide Resources
- Basic Energy Services (BAS) to File for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy; Enters RSA with Certain Lenders, Noteholders
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!