InterOil (IOC) Shareholders Vote to Approve ExxonMobil (XOM) Transaction
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/06: (PLAY) (ANTH) (WDC) Higher; (AVAV) (ESV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
InterOil Corporation (NYSE: IOC) today announced that at a Special Meeting held today, its shareholders overwhelmingly voted to approve the transaction with Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE: XOM). Of the votes cast at the Special Meeting, more than 80 percent were in favor of the proposed transaction.
"I would like to thank our shareholders for their overwhelming support for this value-creating transaction," said InterOil Chairman Chris Finlayson. "This transaction delivers shareholders a material and immediate premium, a potential direct cash payment based on the Elk-Antelope resource certification and exposure to future value through ownership of ExxonMobil shares. We look forward to continuing to work with ExxonMobil to satisfy the last required conditions and to completing the transaction promptly."
The transaction is expected to close by the end of September 2016. InterOil intends to seek a final order with respect to the plan of arrangement at a hearing in the Supreme Court of Yukon, which is scheduled for September 27, 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cerberus Capital Enters Agreement to Acquire Staples (SPLS) European Business
- Anthera Pharma (ANTH) Announces Positive Data from Phase 2 BRIGHT-SC Week 48 Analysis
- Cnova N.V. (CNV) Reports Draft Reply Document in Response to Tender Offer Initiated by Casino Guichard-Perrachon
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!