Intel (INTC) CEO Krzanich Kicks Off 2016 IDF; Announces Microsoft (MSFT) VR Partnership
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) posted the following to its website on Tuesday:
The 2016 Intel Developer Forum (IDF) kicked off today in San Francisco with an opening keynote by Intel CEO Brian Krzanich. Krzanich articulated the company’s vision for the future of technology spanning virtual reality, autonomous driving, the industrial Internet, and the important role developers play in bringing this future to life. On stage, and in an editorial on Medium, Krzanich explained his vision for merged reality — a new way of experiencing physical and virtual interactions and environments through a suite of next-generation sensing and digitizing technologies.
According to Krzanich, “Merged reality delivers virtual world experiences more dynamically and naturally than ever before – and makes experiences impossible in the real world now possible.”
A replay of today’s keynote will be available here in the Intel newsroom. Below is a summary of the IDF Day 1 news. Please check back for 2016 IDF news and updates.
IDF Day One News Highlights:
- Unveiled Intel Project Alloy, an all-in-one virtual reality solution that features the compute and sensors integrated directly into the headset and leverages Intel® RealSense™ technology. Project Alloy will be offered as an open hardware platform in 2017. More information at “Intel Unveils Project Alloy.
- Announced a collaboration with Microsoft to bring virtual reality to mainstream PCs. More information at “Windows Holographic experience available for mainstream Windows 10 PCs next year.”
- Introduced the new Intel® Joule™ platform for the Internet of Things. This new high-end compute platform is capable of delivering human-like senses to a new generation of smart devices and is now available. More information at “Make Amazing Things Happen in IoT and Entrepreneurship with Intel Joule.”
- Announced the availability of the Yuneec Typhoon H drone with Intel RealSense technology, the Intel Aero Platform Compute Board and the Intel Aero Platform Ready-to-Fly Drone. More information at “New Opportunities and Tech for Drone Developers and Enthusiasts.”
- Announced the Intel® Euclid™ Developer Kit for researchers, makers and robotics developers. This device integrates sense, compute, and connect capabilities in an all-in-one candy bar size form-factor that gives developers the ability to quickly and easily create applications with Intel RealSense technology. More information at “Intel Announces Tools for RealSense Technology Development.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Intel (INTC) Declares $0.26 Quarterly Dividend; 2.8% Yield
- Medigus (MDGS) Announces Receipt of First Purchase Order for MUSE in Italy
- Manitex Int'l (MNTX) Says It's Considering Strategic Alternatives for A.S.V., LLC
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Insiders' Blog
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!