Intec Pharma (NTEC) Enters Agreement with Michael J. Fox Foundation to Support Trial Recruitment
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Intec Pharma Ltd. (Nasdaq: NTEC) entered into an agreement with the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research (MJFF) to support patient recruitment and retention support for the Intec Pharma's pivotal Phase III clinical trial of its lead product candidate, the Accordion Pill Carbidopa/Levodopa, or AP-CD/LD, for the treatment of Parkinson's disease symptoms in advanced Parkinson's disease patients, which began enrolling participants in April 2016.
MJFF is the largest non-profit funder of Parkinson's research with a mission to accelerate the development of new therapies and a cure for Parkinson's disease. Previously, the foundation supported Intec Pharma with a $705,000 grant to fund a pre-clinical study of AP-CD/LD.
"We are honored and pleased to collaborate with the foundation on our Phase III trial recruitment activities," said Zeev Weiss, Intec Pharma's Chief Executive Officer. "MJFF is one of the most well-respected research organizations dedicated to the development of improved therapies for Parkinson's patients. The foundation's long-term experience in the field and close connections with the patient community are especially valuable and will further support and enhance the conduct of our Phase III study for the benefit of the entire patient population."
"Additional options to treat the motor symptoms of Parkinson's would have a significant impact on the millions living with this disease," said Catherine Kopil, PhD, MJFF director of research partnerships. "Leveraging our Foundation's tools and best practices to encourage participant enrollment in Intec Pharma's AP-CD/LD study will accelerate testing of this potential therapy."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Shire's (SHPG) Phase 3 Investigational Study of VONVENDI Meets Primary Endpoint in Controlling Bleeding in Adults with VWD
- NeuroDerm (NDRM) Announces Top-Line Data from ND0701 PK Trial; Results Comparable to Reference Drug
- Turquoise Hill (TRQ) Announces Suspension of Concrete Shipments to Chinese Border by Oyu Tolgoi
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!