Insys Therapeutics (INSY) Provides Prelim. Q3 Subsys Revenue; Notes Drop in Prescriptions
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Insys Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: INSY) announced that its preliminary estimated revenues from Subsys (fentanyl sublingual spray) for the third quarter of 2016 will be in the range of $54 million to $55 million. The Company believes it will be cash-flow positive at this level of sales and will be able to meet its overall objectives of new product development and future growth.
(NOTE: The Street is looking for total Q3 revenue of $63 million from Insys.)
Estimated revenues for the quarter reflect a decline in prescriptions as the Company continues to believe that the ongoing and heightened publicity surrounding the national opioid epidemic and continuing governmental and regulatory scrutiny of the Company and the transmucosal immediate release fentanyl (“TIRF”) class has resulted in a sensitivity by some healthcare providers to prescribe and dispense TIRF medications. The Company also believes that continuing scrutiny by third-party payers has resulted in patients having more difficulty obtaining reimbursement for their TIRF medications.
Today’s preliminary estimate of revenues from Subsys, which is unaudited, is based on management's preliminary financial analysis.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- American Airlines (AAL) Nov. Traffic Declines 0.2%, Capacity Up 0.1%
- Flowers Foods (FLO) and Flowers Baking Reach Settlement in Class Action Lawsuit
- SunPower (SPWR) to Commence Restructuring; Sees Charges; Offers FY17 Outlook
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance, Hot Corp. News, Hot Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!