Insys Therapeutics (INSY) Initiates Search for New CEO
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Insys Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: INSY) announced that the Company’s Board of Directors (“Board”) has initiated a search to identify a candidate to succeed Dr. John N. Kapoor as President and Chief Executive Officer. Dr. Kapoor will continue to serve as President and CEO until his replacement is appointed. The Board has appointed a special committee, comprised of independent Board members, Patrick P. Fourteau, Steven Meyer and Pierre Lapalme, to conduct the search for the Company’s next CEO. These board members are, respectively, the chairs of the compensation committee, audit committee and nominating and corporate governance committee of the Board.
Mr. Fourteau stated, "Dr. Kapoor stepped into the role of CEO to rebuild the Company from an operational perspective. His expertise, dedication and commitment are very much appreciated. Under his leadership and guidance through this transition period, we believe Insys has emerged as a stronger company."
Dr. Kapoor stated, “I founded Insys nearly 15 years ago because I had a vision of helping patients with unmet medical needs. As I return to focus on my outside interests, I am convinced more than ever that our existing products and pipeline have significant potential to benefit patients. Our Company remains committed to overcoming the challenges that we have faced and building shareholder value.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Skyline Medical (SKLN) Appoints New CEO, Board Member
- salesforce.com (CRM), AWS (AMZN) Enter Expanded Global Strategic Alliance
- Neovasc (NVCN) Agrees to Sell Tissue Processing Tech to Boston Scientific (BSX) in $75M Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Hot Mgmt Changes, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!