Insys Therapeutics (INSY) Initiates Search for New CEO
- Wall Street flat as banks gain, utilities drag
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Insys Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: INSY) announced that the Company’s Board of Directors (“Board”) has initiated a search to identify a candidate to succeed Dr. John N. Kapoor as President and Chief Executive Officer. Dr. Kapoor will continue to serve as President and CEO until his replacement is appointed. The Board has appointed a special committee, comprised of independent Board members, Patrick P. Fourteau, Steven Meyer and Pierre Lapalme, to conduct the search for the Company’s next CEO. These board members are, respectively, the chairs of the compensation committee, audit committee and nominating and corporate governance committee of the Board.
Mr. Fourteau stated, "Dr. Kapoor stepped into the role of CEO to rebuild the Company from an operational perspective. His expertise, dedication and commitment are very much appreciated. Under his leadership and guidance through this transition period, we believe Insys has emerged as a stronger company."
Dr. Kapoor stated, “I founded Insys nearly 15 years ago because I had a vision of helping patients with unmet medical needs. As I return to focus on my outside interests, I am convinced more than ever that our existing products and pipeline have significant potential to benefit patients. Our Company remains committed to overcoming the challenges that we have faced and building shareholder value.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Kroger (KR) Chief Digital Officer Dougherty to Retire; Successor Named
- AGCO Corp. (AGCO) Enters Development Partnerships with Two Agricultural Tech Companies
- Visteon (VC) Names New Head of ADAS Development
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Hot Mgmt Changes, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!