Insys Therapeutics (INSY) Initiates Search for New CEO
- Wall Street dragged down by Apple, health stocks
- Some Deutsche Bank (DB) Clients Said to Reduce Collateral on Trades
- Qualcomm (QCOM) in Talks to Acquire NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) - DJ
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 9/29: (ITCI) (ADHD) (MRNS) Higher; (CATB) (AEGR) (DRNA) Lower
- After Near-Term Outperformance, Barclays Sees Apple (AAPL) Shares Flat from Here
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Insys Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: INSY) announced that the Company’s Board of Directors (“Board”) has initiated a search to identify a candidate to succeed Dr. John N. Kapoor as President and Chief Executive Officer. Dr. Kapoor will continue to serve as President and CEO until his replacement is appointed. The Board has appointed a special committee, comprised of independent Board members, Patrick P. Fourteau, Steven Meyer and Pierre Lapalme, to conduct the search for the Company’s next CEO. These board members are, respectively, the chairs of the compensation committee, audit committee and nominating and corporate governance committee of the Board.
Mr. Fourteau stated, "Dr. Kapoor stepped into the role of CEO to rebuild the Company from an operational perspective. His expertise, dedication and commitment are very much appreciated. Under his leadership and guidance through this transition period, we believe Insys has emerged as a stronger company."
Dr. Kapoor stated, “I founded Insys nearly 15 years ago because I had a vision of helping patients with unmet medical needs. As I return to focus on my outside interests, I am convinced more than ever that our existing products and pipeline have significant potential to benefit patients. Our Company remains committed to overcoming the challenges that we have faced and building shareholder value.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stein Mart (SMRT) CEO to Resign; Q3 Comps Down 4%
- Vuzix Corp. (VUZI) Says Nearing Production of M300 Smart Glasses
- Mirati Therapeutics (MRTX) Adds New Director
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Hot Mgmt Changes, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!