Insys Therapeutics (INSY) Initiates Search for New CEO
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Insys Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: INSY) announced that the Company’s Board of Directors (“Board”) has initiated a search to identify a candidate to succeed Dr. John N. Kapoor as President and Chief Executive Officer. Dr. Kapoor will continue to serve as President and CEO until his replacement is appointed. The Board has appointed a special committee, comprised of independent Board members, Patrick P. Fourteau, Steven Meyer and Pierre Lapalme, to conduct the search for the Company’s next CEO. These board members are, respectively, the chairs of the compensation committee, audit committee and nominating and corporate governance committee of the Board.
Mr. Fourteau stated, "Dr. Kapoor stepped into the role of CEO to rebuild the Company from an operational perspective. His expertise, dedication and commitment are very much appreciated. Under his leadership and guidance through this transition period, we believe Insys has emerged as a stronger company."
Dr. Kapoor stated, “I founded Insys nearly 15 years ago because I had a vision of helping patients with unmet medical needs. As I return to focus on my outside interests, I am convinced more than ever that our existing products and pipeline have significant potential to benefit patients. Our Company remains committed to overcoming the challenges that we have faced and building shareholder value.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- EQT Corp. (EQT) Tops Q3 EPS by 15c; Announces CEO Succession
- Apple (AAPL) Launches All-New MacBook Pro; Will Start at $1,499
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Commences Jet Engine Lubricant Production at Port Allen Plant
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Hot Mgmt Changes, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!