Insys Therapeutics (INSY) Initiates Search for New CEO
- Deutsche helps lift European stocks before Yellen, Draghi
- BlackBerry (BBRY) Tops Q2 EPS by 5c; Will End Internal Hardware Development; Boosts FY17 Outlook
- Nike (NKE) Tops Q1 EPS by 17c; Futures Orders Miss Views
- Oil climbs after industry data shows U.S. inventory draw
- Tempur Sealy (TPX) Updates on Outlook; Sees Q3 Sales Below Prior Expectations
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Insys Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: INSY) announced that the Company’s Board of Directors (“Board”) has initiated a search to identify a candidate to succeed Dr. John N. Kapoor as President and Chief Executive Officer. Dr. Kapoor will continue to serve as President and CEO until his replacement is appointed. The Board has appointed a special committee, comprised of independent Board members, Patrick P. Fourteau, Steven Meyer and Pierre Lapalme, to conduct the search for the Company’s next CEO. These board members are, respectively, the chairs of the compensation committee, audit committee and nominating and corporate governance committee of the Board.
Mr. Fourteau stated, "Dr. Kapoor stepped into the role of CEO to rebuild the Company from an operational perspective. His expertise, dedication and commitment are very much appreciated. Under his leadership and guidance through this transition period, we believe Insys has emerged as a stronger company."
Dr. Kapoor stated, “I founded Insys nearly 15 years ago because I had a vision of helping patients with unmet medical needs. As I return to focus on my outside interests, I am convinced more than ever that our existing products and pipeline have significant potential to benefit patients. Our Company remains committed to overcoming the challenges that we have faced and building shareholder value.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wells Fargo (WFC) CEO Stumpf to Forfeit $41M in Equity Awards; Company Announces Independent Investigation into Retail Banking Sales Practices
- Acceleron Pharma (XLRN) CEO John Knopf to Retire; Habib Dable to Replace
- TerraForm Power (TERP), Tepper's Appaloosa Enter Agreement to Resolve Stockholder Derivative Suit
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Hot Mgmt Changes, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!