Inovio Pharma (INO) Announces FDA Clinical Hold Placed on Proposed VGX-3100 Phase 3
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: INO) announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has placed a clinical hold on its proposed phase III clinical program for VGX-3100. A clinical hold is a notification issued by the FDA to a trial sponsor to delay a proposed clinical trial or suspend an ongoing clinical trial. This study has not yet been initiated and has not enrolled or dosed subjects. Additionally, the hold does not pertain to any of Inovio’s other ongoing clinical studies.
Inovio anticipates receiving a formal letter with complete information from the FDA within 30 days. In its initial communication, the FDA has requested additional data to support the shelf-life of the newly designed and manufactured disposable parts of the CELLECTRA® 5PSP immunotherapy delivery device. Inovio is working diligently with the FDA to address its concerns and anticipates that the requested data will be available before the end of this year. Inovio estimates that the start of the phase III clinical program will be delayed until the first half of 2017 pending resolution of the FDA’s requests.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Merus N.V. (MRUS) Enters Strategic Research Collaboration with Incyte (INCY); Includes Upfront Payment of $120M
- GlobalStar (GSAT) Announces Departure of COO David Kagan
- Banc of California (BANC) Appoints Robert Sznewajs to Chairman of the Board
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Hot Corp. News, Hot FDA News, Management Comments, Trader Talk, Trading Halts
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!