Inotek Pharma (ITEK) Completes MATrX-1 Recruitment Phase
- Goldman sends Dow to record high, techs lift S&P, Nasdaq
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Wall St. stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Inotek Pharmaceuticals Corporation (Nasdaq: ITEK) announced the completion of the active recruitment phase of MATrX-1, the first pivotal Phase 3 trial of trabodenoson for the treatment of glaucoma. Trabodenoson, the Company’s lead clinical candidate, is a first-in-class selective adenosine A1 mimetic under investigation for reduction of intraocular pressure (IOP) which has been observed in Phase 2 clinical trials to reduce IOP. Top-line data from the MATrX-1 study are expected in December 2016.
“As anticipated, MATrX-1 has recruited on time, consistent with our fourth-quarter guidance for top-line data,” said Rudolf Baumgartner, MD, Executive Vice President and Chief Medical Officer. “Trabodenoson has the potential to be a convenient, safe and innovative treatment option for patients suffering from glaucoma based on its targeted approach of restoring the natural pressure-regulating process in the eye to lower IOP, and we are looking forward to the results of this trial.”
About the MATrX-1 Phase 3 Trial
MATrX-1 is a Phase 3 randomized, double-masked, placebo-controlled trial of trabodenoson in (~)335 patients suffering from primary open angle glaucoma (POAG) or ocular hypertension (OHT) that is designed to assess the efficacy, safety and tolerability of trabodenoson over three months of treatment. The primary endpoint is reduction of IOP as compared to the placebo treatment arm. The study includes three doses of trabodenoson: 3% (1000 mcg) once daily, 4.5% (1500 mcg) twice daily, and 6% (2000 mcg) once daily. In addition, the study contains a timolol 0.5% arm to validate the sensitivity of the patient population and will serve as an internal control. Enrollment criteria include patients with IOP greater than or equal to 24 mm Hg and less than or equal to 34 mm Hg, which represents the patients most likely to receive treatment for glaucoma or ocular hypertension.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- OncoMed Pharma (OMED) Chief Medical Officer Dupont Resgins
- AbbVie (ABBV), Northwestern University Enter Three-Year Cancer Research Collaboration
- Zynerba Pharma (ZYNE) Announces Strong ZYN002 Phase 1 in Epilepsy Patients with Focal Seizues
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!