Innovus Pharma (INNV) Commences Vesele Combo Safety, Efficacy Program
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Innovus Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (OTC: INNV) announced the initiation of a pre-clinical and clinical program intended to evaluate the safety and efficacy of the combination of its supplement Vesele® for promoting sexual health with sildenafil indicated for treating erectile dysfunction. Sildenafil in the U.S. is sold under the name Viagra® by Pfizer, Inc. (“Pfizer”).
Vesele® is a proprietary oral formulation of L-Arginine and L-Citrulline with the natural absorption enhancer Bioperine®. Vesele® was formulated to increase blood flow and nitric oxide production.
As previously reported, the Company performed a U.S. human clinical survey to evaluate erectile dysfunction and sexual satisfaction in men using Vesele® twice daily for up to four months with the following favorable results:
1. 49.5% increase in erection hardness;2. 44.5% increase in erection maintenance;3. 34.6% increase in desire for sexual activity; and4. 34.1% increase in the ability to satisfy the partner.
“Due to the positive results obtained on the erection hardness and maintenance in the clinical use survey with Vesele® and the complimentary mechanism of action of Vesele® on nitric oxide and blood flow, we believe it is only natural to evaluate the effects of the combination of both products on erectile dysfunction endpoints,” said Innovus CEO Dr. Bassam Damaj.
The open label, single arm study is designed to assess the safety and effect of concomitant use of Vesele® and sildenafil in men diagnosed with erectile dysfunction. The treatment consists of oral administration of Vesele® twice daily (BID) for four weeks and sildenafil 100 mg taken concurrently once weekly. Safety will be evaluated by the number of subjects experiencing adverse events and changes in safety parameters that include physical examination, clinical lab tests, and concomitant medication usage. The IIEF (International Index of Erectile Function), a multi-dimensional, validated diagnostic tool will be used to assess erectile function and treatment outcomes.
About Vesele®Vesele® is a proprietary, novel oral dietary supplement to maximize nitric oxide’s beneficial effects on sexual function and brain health. Vesele® contains a patented formulation of L-Arginine and L-Citrulline, in combination with the natural absorption enhancer Bioperine®. For more information on Vesele® please visit www.myvesele.com.
Viagra® is a trademark owned by Pfizer.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Minerva Neurosciences (NERV) Reports Additional Data Analyses From Phase IIb Trial of MIN-101 in Schizophrenia
- Rexahn Pharma (RNN) Presents Update of Ongoing Phase IIa Clinical Trial of RX-3117 in Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer at ASCO
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Ono Enter Settlement and License Agreement with Merck (MRK) to Resolve PD-1 Antibody Patent Litigation
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!