Ingredion (INGR) to Acquire Sun Flour Industry's Rice Starch and Rice Flour Businesses
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Ingredion Incorporated (NYSE: INGR) announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire the rice starch and rice flour business from Sun Flour Industry Co, Ltd. based in Banglen, Thailand.
The acquisition supports Ingredion's global strategy to increase its higher-value specialty ingredients business and has been approved by the Company's board of directors. It is subject to approval by Thai government authorities as well as to other customary closing conditions. Details of the transaction have not been disclosed.
"Rice is an on-trend ingredient. It is non-GMO, hypoallergenic and gluten free. Plus, its superior functionality makes it ideal for a variety of uses, including baby foods, dairy products, snacks and gluten-free bakery," said Jorgen Kokke, Ingredion senior vice president and president, Asia Pacific and EMEA. "This acquisition enhances our global supply chain and leverages other capital investments we've made in Thailand to grow our specialty ingredients and service customers around the world," Kokke added.
Sutipong Sitapradit, founder and president of Sun Flour Industries, said, "Sun Flour Industries has been an integral part of Thailand's agricultural history, and is renowned for its quality. Ingredion's global presence is a growth opportunity for the rice business. It provides career opportunities for the employees and helps position Thailand as a production and export base for value-added, rice-based food ingredients."
Once the acquisition is complete, Ingredion will have four manufacturing facilities and 870 employees in Thailand, including the 120 employees joining the Company from Sun Flour.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rite Aid (RAD)/Walgreens (WBA) Antitrust Concerns Doesn't Mean Deal is Dead, Says Deutsche Bank
- Tucows (TCX) to Acquire eNom from Rightside (NAME) for $83.5M
- Intricon Corporation (IIN) Exercises Option to Acquire Remaining 80% Stake in Hearing Help Express
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!