Ingredion (INGR) to Acquire Sun Flour Industry's Rice Starch and Rice Flour Businesses
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Ingredion Incorporated (NYSE: INGR) announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire the rice starch and rice flour business from Sun Flour Industry Co, Ltd. based in Banglen, Thailand.
The acquisition supports Ingredion's global strategy to increase its higher-value specialty ingredients business and has been approved by the Company's board of directors. It is subject to approval by Thai government authorities as well as to other customary closing conditions. Details of the transaction have not been disclosed.
"Rice is an on-trend ingredient. It is non-GMO, hypoallergenic and gluten free. Plus, its superior functionality makes it ideal for a variety of uses, including baby foods, dairy products, snacks and gluten-free bakery," said Jorgen Kokke, Ingredion senior vice president and president, Asia Pacific and EMEA. "This acquisition enhances our global supply chain and leverages other capital investments we've made in Thailand to grow our specialty ingredients and service customers around the world," Kokke added.
Sutipong Sitapradit, founder and president of Sun Flour Industries, said, "Sun Flour Industries has been an integral part of Thailand's agricultural history, and is renowned for its quality. Ingredion's global presence is a growth opportunity for the rice business. It provides career opportunities for the employees and helps position Thailand as a production and export base for value-added, rice-based food ingredients."
Once the acquisition is complete, Ingredion will have four manufacturing facilities and 870 employees in Thailand, including the 120 employees joining the Company from Sun Flour.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PRGX Global (PRGX) to Acquire SaaS P2P SIM Service Provider Lavante
- Federal Signal (FSS) Executive Chairman Dennis J. Martin to Retire
- Misonix (MSON) Interim CEO Stavros Vizirgianakis Acquires 761K Shares
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!