Ingredion (INGR) Enters Distribution Agreement with SweeGen
- Wall Street flat as telecom gains fail to counter oil drop
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Ingredion Incorporated, a leading global provider of ingredient solutions to diversified industries, has entered into an agreement with SweeGen, Inc., a company dedicated to the development and manufacture of stevia-based sweeteners, to be SweeGen's exclusive global distributor of the company's novel, nature-based stevia sweeteners in all markets except China. Ingredion will be a non-exclusive distributor in China.
SweeGen's zero-calorie sweeteners, made using pure stevia leaf extract and a novel, proprietary process, have an unparalleled clean, sugar-like taste and are suitable for use in a variety of foods and beverages. Ingredion will distribute these sweeteners initially in the United States and subsequently in other countries as additional regulatory approvals are granted.
"We are excited about the prospects of our promising and expansive partnership with Ingredion. Their strong go-to-market expertise and customer base complement our demand-driven R&D and manufacturing capabilities," said Steven Chen, CEO of SweeGen.
"SweeGen's nature-based products, made from stevia leaf extract, represent the next generation of stevia sweeteners. Along with our current sweetener offerings, these great-tasting sweeteners give us even more options to help our customers develop on-trend products that meet consumer demands for healthier foods and beverages with less sugar," said Anthony DeLio, Ingredion's chief innovation officer. "We look forward to working with SweeGen to bring, what we believe are, the best-tasting stevia sweeteners to customers all over the world," DeLio added.
Ingredion will begin distributing SweeGen products in February 2017.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Kroger (KR) Chief Digital Officer Dougherty to Retire; Successor Named
- Corning (GLW) Takes Minority Stake in Menlo Micro
- CTI BioPharma (CTIC) Presents Statistically Significant Data from PERSIST-2 at ASH 2016
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!