Ingredion (INGR) Enters Distribution Agreement with SweeGen
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Ingredion Incorporated, a leading global provider of ingredient solutions to diversified industries, has entered into an agreement with SweeGen, Inc., a company dedicated to the development and manufacture of stevia-based sweeteners, to be SweeGen's exclusive global distributor of the company's novel, nature-based stevia sweeteners in all markets except China. Ingredion will be a non-exclusive distributor in China.
SweeGen's zero-calorie sweeteners, made using pure stevia leaf extract and a novel, proprietary process, have an unparalleled clean, sugar-like taste and are suitable for use in a variety of foods and beverages. Ingredion will distribute these sweeteners initially in the United States and subsequently in other countries as additional regulatory approvals are granted.
"We are excited about the prospects of our promising and expansive partnership with Ingredion. Their strong go-to-market expertise and customer base complement our demand-driven R&D and manufacturing capabilities," said Steven Chen, CEO of SweeGen.
"SweeGen's nature-based products, made from stevia leaf extract, represent the next generation of stevia sweeteners. Along with our current sweetener offerings, these great-tasting sweeteners give us even more options to help our customers develop on-trend products that meet consumer demands for healthier foods and beverages with less sugar," said Anthony DeLio, Ingredion's chief innovation officer. "We look forward to working with SweeGen to bring, what we believe are, the best-tasting stevia sweeteners to customers all over the world," DeLio added.
Ingredion will begin distributing SweeGen products in February 2017.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Refutes TASER's Attack on ‘292 Patent; Says Nothing New Here
- Celgene (CELG) to Acquire Acetylon Pharmaceuticals
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!