Ingredion (INGR) Enters Distribution Agreement with SweeGen
- Dollar lower, stocks flat as caution creeps in ahead of Trump inauguration
- General Electric (GE) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q2 EPS by 2c
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Ingredion Incorporated, a leading global provider of ingredient solutions to diversified industries, has entered into an agreement with SweeGen, Inc., a company dedicated to the development and manufacture of stevia-based sweeteners, to be SweeGen's exclusive global distributor of the company's novel, nature-based stevia sweeteners in all markets except China. Ingredion will be a non-exclusive distributor in China.
SweeGen's zero-calorie sweeteners, made using pure stevia leaf extract and a novel, proprietary process, have an unparalleled clean, sugar-like taste and are suitable for use in a variety of foods and beverages. Ingredion will distribute these sweeteners initially in the United States and subsequently in other countries as additional regulatory approvals are granted.
"We are excited about the prospects of our promising and expansive partnership with Ingredion. Their strong go-to-market expertise and customer base complement our demand-driven R&D and manufacturing capabilities," said Steven Chen, CEO of SweeGen.
"SweeGen's nature-based products, made from stevia leaf extract, represent the next generation of stevia sweeteners. Along with our current sweetener offerings, these great-tasting sweeteners give us even more options to help our customers develop on-trend products that meet consumer demands for healthier foods and beverages with less sugar," said Anthony DeLio, Ingredion's chief innovation officer. "We look forward to working with SweeGen to bring, what we believe are, the best-tasting stevia sweeteners to customers all over the world," DeLio added.
Ingredion will begin distributing SweeGen products in February 2017.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- INGREDION TO RELEASE 2016 FOURTH-QUARTER AND FULL-YEAR FINANCIAL RESULTS AND HOLD CONFERENCE CALL AND WEBCAST ON THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2017
- Atmos Energy (ATO) Announces Departure of CFO Bret Eckert
- Wells Fargo (WFC) Says International Group to be Integrated into Other Wholesale Banking Business Lines
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!