Ingredion (INGR) Announces Completion of Shandong Huanong Specialty Corn Development Acquisition
- Wall St. set to rise ahead of Trump inauguration
- General Electric (GE) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q2 EPS by 2c
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Dollar recoups losses, caution sets in ahead of Trump inauguration
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Ingredion Incorporated (NYSE: INGR), a leading global provider of ingredient solutions to diversified industries, announced today that it has successfully completed the acquisition of Shandong Huanong Specialty Corn Development Co., Ltd. in China.
"This acquisition will vertically integrate our manufacturing base for specialty ingredients. In addition to reducing costs, it gives us more control of the supply chain, with added food safety and sustainability benefits. The facility is strategically located in an ideal growing area for the specialty grains used to make our ingredients. And, it provides a base for expansion to accommodate future growth," explained Jorgen Kokke, Ingredion President of Asia Pacific and EMEA.
The acquisition of Shandong Huanong, located in Shandong Province, adds a second manufacturing facility to Ingredion's operations in China. It will produce starch raw material for the Company's plant in Shanghai, which makes value-added ingredients for the food industry.
Ingredion acquired Shandong Huanong from Pingyuan County Juyuan State-Owned Asset Management Co., Ltd. The terms of the agreement will not be disclosed.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Air Products (APD) Sends Letter Outlining Terms of Preliminary, Non-binding Indication of Interest to Acquire Yingde
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Names Todd Bluedorn to Board of Directors
- Atmos Energy (ATO) Appoints Christopher Forsythe to CFO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!