Ingredion (INGR) Announces Completion of Shandong Huanong Specialty Corn Development Acquisition
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Ingredion Incorporated (NYSE: INGR), a leading global provider of ingredient solutions to diversified industries, announced today that it has successfully completed the acquisition of Shandong Huanong Specialty Corn Development Co., Ltd. in China.
"This acquisition will vertically integrate our manufacturing base for specialty ingredients. In addition to reducing costs, it gives us more control of the supply chain, with added food safety and sustainability benefits. The facility is strategically located in an ideal growing area for the specialty grains used to make our ingredients. And, it provides a base for expansion to accommodate future growth," explained Jorgen Kokke, Ingredion President of Asia Pacific and EMEA.
The acquisition of Shandong Huanong, located in Shandong Province, adds a second manufacturing facility to Ingredion's operations in China. It will produce starch raw material for the Company's plant in Shanghai, which makes value-added ingredients for the food industry.
Ingredion acquired Shandong Huanong from Pingyuan County Juyuan State-Owned Asset Management Co., Ltd. The terms of the agreement will not be disclosed.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Celgene (CELG) to Acquire Acetylon Pharmaceuticals
- Shire's (SHPG) Phase 3 Investigational Study of VONVENDI Meets Primary Endpoint in Controlling Bleeding in Adults with VWD
- bluebird bio (BLUE) Names New COO and New SVP of Europe
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!