Incyte (INCY) Says Jakafi Recommend by NCCN for Myelofibrosis
- Oil edges up ahead of U.S. data, OPEC squabbles cap gains
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
- Visa (V) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Rambus (RMBS) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c; Issues Q4 Outlook
- After-Hours Stock Movers 10/24: (SAEX) (CWEI) (RMBS) Higher; (SONC) (WNC) (EFII) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Incyte Corporation (Nasdaq: INCY) today announced that its first-in-class JAK1/JAK2 inhibitor, Jakafi® (ruxolitinib), has been included as a recommended treatment in the latest National Comprehensive Cancer Network® (NCCN®) Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology for myelofibrosis (MF).
“Jakafi is the first FDA-approved treatment for patients with intermediate or high-risk MF, representing an important advancement for patients,” said Peg Squier, M.D., Ph.D., Incyte’s Head of U.S. Medical Affairs. “We are pleased that Jakafi has been recommended in the first set of NCCN treatment guidelines for MPNs, which will help inform healthcare providers’ treatment decisions for patients with MF. We believe that this underscores the important and long-term clinical benefits seen in patients treated with Jakafi.”
MF is part of a group of related rare blood cancers known as myeloproliferative neoplasms (MPNs). In MF, a patient’s bone marrow can no longer produce enough normal blood cells, causing the spleen and or liver to become enlarged.1 MF is a progressive disease, which leads to bone marrow scarring and significant debilitating disease-related symptoms such as anemia, fatigue, and itching which can result in a poor quality of life.2 Patients with MF have a decreased life expectancy, with an average survival of approximately five to six years.3 The cause of MF is unknown but is linked to genetic mutations—between 50% and 60% of people with MF have a specific mutation of the Janus Kinase 2 gene (JAK2).4
The new NCCN Guidelines are available online at www.nccn.org.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Global Blood Therapeutics (GBT) Reaches Agreement with FDA on Design of Phase 3 GBT440 Trial in SCD
- Xplore Tech (XPLR) Prelim. Q2 Revenue Tops Views
- Illumina (ILMN), Lab Corp. (LH) Announce Prelim. Injunction Issued by German Court Against amedes Fetalis Test
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!