In a Break from Past, Apple (AAPL) Will Not Release iPhone 7 Pre-Order Numbers
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) said it will not be releasing iPhone pre-order numbers as it traditionally has in the past, CNBC reported.
"As we have expanded our distribution through carriers and resellers to hundreds of thousands of locations around the world, we are now at a point where we know before taking the first customer pre-order that we will sell out of iPhone 7," Apple spokeswoman Kristin Huguet said. "These initial sales will be governed by supply, not demand, and we have decided that it is no longer a representative metric for our investors and customers."
The company also reiterated its quarterly financial forecast.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Apple (AAPL) October weekly volatility elevated into Q4 and outlook
- Volatility and Volume movement
- Moody's Corp. (MCO) Tops Q3 EPS by 16c; Update FY16 EPS Outlook; Offers Litigation Update
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!