Immune Design's (IMDZ) GLAAS Discovery Platform Utilized in Sanofi Phase 1 for Peanut Allergy Therapy
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Immune Design (Nasdaq: IMDZ) announced the application of its GLAAS discovery platform in Sanofi’s Phase 1 clinical trial evaluating a novel therapeutic candidate for the treatment of peanut allergy. The trial follows an exclusive license agreement with Immune Design to discover, develop and commercialize products to treat a peanut allergy utilizing the company’s GLAASTM discovery platform.
Sanofi’s Phase 1 trial is designed to evaluate the safety of the product candidate in healthy volunteers. Under a previous collaborative research arrangement, Sanofi and IMDZ generated significant preclinical data demonstrating that certain formulations of GLA, the core of the GLAAS platform, when given prophylactically or therapeutically, can shift the immune responses in a way that may result in significant protection and reduction from allergy symptoms. Immune Design has received an undisclosed milestone payment for start of the trial, and is eligible to receive future development and commercialization milestones, as well as tiered royalties on sales of approved products.
"This is the first expansion of the GLAAS platform into allergic diseases, adding to the existing clinical programs in cancer and infectious diseases," said Carlos Paya, M.D., Ph.D., President and Chief Executive Officer of Immune Design. "The GLAAS mechanism of action is designed to help correct imbalances related to immune dysfunction that leads to allergic diseases. The progress of this program into clinical development and GLAAS’ robust preclinical data package supports the potential to leverage GLAAS in additional programs in other allergic disease indications."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Merus N.V. (MRUS) Enters Strategic Research Collaboration with Incyte (INCY); Includes Upfront Payment of $120M
- Medicinova (MNOV) Positive MN-166 Data Published in Neuropsychopharmacology
- Raytheon (RTN) Awarded $235M from Navy for Standard Missile-6 Production
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!