Immune Design's (IMDZ) GLAAS Discovery Platform Utilized in Sanofi Phase 1 for Peanut Allergy Therapy
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Immune Design (Nasdaq: IMDZ) announced the application of its GLAAS discovery platform in Sanofi’s Phase 1 clinical trial evaluating a novel therapeutic candidate for the treatment of peanut allergy. The trial follows an exclusive license agreement with Immune Design to discover, develop and commercialize products to treat a peanut allergy utilizing the company’s GLAASTM discovery platform.
Sanofi’s Phase 1 trial is designed to evaluate the safety of the product candidate in healthy volunteers. Under a previous collaborative research arrangement, Sanofi and IMDZ generated significant preclinical data demonstrating that certain formulations of GLA, the core of the GLAAS platform, when given prophylactically or therapeutically, can shift the immune responses in a way that may result in significant protection and reduction from allergy symptoms. Immune Design has received an undisclosed milestone payment for start of the trial, and is eligible to receive future development and commercialization milestones, as well as tiered royalties on sales of approved products.
"This is the first expansion of the GLAAS platform into allergic diseases, adding to the existing clinical programs in cancer and infectious diseases," said Carlos Paya, M.D., Ph.D., President and Chief Executive Officer of Immune Design. "The GLAAS mechanism of action is designed to help correct imbalances related to immune dysfunction that leads to allergic diseases. The progress of this program into clinical development and GLAAS’ robust preclinical data package supports the potential to leverage GLAAS in additional programs in other allergic disease indications."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- ARIAD Pharma (ARIA) Presents Strong Data from Brigatinib ALTA Trial in ALK+ NSCLC
- Acxiom's (ACXM) LiveRamp Closes Arbor and Circulate ACquisitions
- GNC Holdings (GNC) Says It's Pleased with DOJ Agreement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!