Illumina (ILMN), Lab Corp. (LH) Announce Prelim. Injunction Issued by German Court Against amedes Fetalis Test
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Illumina, Inc. (Nasdaq: ILMN) and Laboratory Corporation of America® Holdings (NYSE: LH) announced that on October 5, 2016, the Düsseldorf Regional Federal Court in Germany issued a preliminary injunction order against amedes MVZ Trägergesellschaft Göttingen mbH and a related company (collectively “amedes”). The order requires amedes to immediately stop performing the Fetalis® non-invasive prenatal screening test in Germany, which is based on technology from Ariosa Diagnostics, Inc.
The Application for the Grant of a Preliminary Injunction against amedes was filed by Sequenom, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of LabCorp®, as patent owner of EP 0 994 963. The patent relates to the detection of cell-free fetal DNA for non-invasive prenatal screening. Illumina exclusively licenses the patent in the field of in vitro diagnostics.
Illumina and Sequenom have significant intellectual property rights in the area of non-invasive prenatal screening and will continue to enforce those rights when appropriate. This suit adds to prior patent infringement suits filed against others in Europe, Australia and the United States.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Celgene (CELG) to Acquire Acetylon Pharmaceuticals
- Shire's (SHPG) Phase 3 Investigational Study of VONVENDI Meets Primary Endpoint in Controlling Bleeding in Adults with VWD
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!