Illumina (ILMN), FlowJo to Partner on co-Marketing of Single Cell Genomics Software
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Illumina, Inc. (Nasdaq: ILMN) and FlowJo, LLC, announced a partnership to develop and co-market analysis software for single cell next-generation sequencing (NGS) data. Under the agreement FlowJo, LLC, the producer of FlowJo, market-leading software for single cell analysis, will develop a new software application. It will provide additional secondary and tertiary analysis and visualization of datasets with an intuitive approach built on 19 years of experience working with cell biologists and immunologists in single cell phenotyping. The application will seamlessly integrate with Illumina’s Single Cell RNA BaseSpace app, and provide a solution accelerating discovery.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160810005216/en/
“We are excited to partner with Illumina on this project to bring new tools for analyzing and visualizing NGS data to cell biology,” said Michael Stadnisky, PhD, CEO of FlowJo, LLC. “The new offering will enhance the power of single cell biology research by empowering robust exploration of data from Illumina next-generation sequencing runs.”
“FlowJo, LLC is recognized for delivering reliable, high-quality and easy-to-use software solutions that allow cell biologists to study phenotype in individual cells by flow cytometry,” said Rob Brainin, Vice President and General Manager, Applied Genomics at Illumina. “We look forward to enabling our customers to bring these trusted FlowJo analytical capabilities to their next-generation sequencing data.”
The software will complement the end-to-end commercial solution for high-throughput sequencing of single cells that Illumina announced it is co-developing in partnership with Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. (NYSE: BIO) (NYSE: BIOb).
The companies expect the software to be available in Q1 2017.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Titan Int'l (TWI) Promotes Paul Reitz to Chief Executive Officer
- Genomic Health (GHDX) Reports Results from Multiple Oncotype DX Studies
- Illumina Extends Management Team, Appoints Sam A. Samad as Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!