ITUS Corporation (ITUS) Announces Positive Cchek Platform Data in Detecting Melanoma
- Wall St. lower as earnings from some big names disappoint
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/25: (CWEI) (NXTD) (EYES) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (CALA) Lower (more...)
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
ITUS Corporation (Nasdaq: ITUS) announced that it has successfully utilized its Cchek early cancer detection platform to identify the presence of Melanoma. Melanoma accounts for the vast majority of skin cancer deaths, which kills approximately 121,000 people per year worldwide.
Cchek™ is ITUS's early cancer detection technology, which measures a patient's immunological response to a malignancy by detecting the presence, absence, and quantity of certain unique immune system cells that exist in and around a tumor and that enter the blood stream. As part of the ongoing development of ITUS's Cchek diagnostic platform, the company has successfully used Cchek to detect the presence of Melanoma in patients that have been diagnosed via conventional means, such as invasive procedures like biopsies.
Approximately 232,000 new cases of Melanoma are diagnosed each year worldwide. The 5-year survival rate for localized Melanoma is 98%, but declines to 63% and 17% for regional and distant stage disease, respectively. The company previously announced success with Cchek detecting Breast Cancer, Lung Cancer, and Colorectal Cancer.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Basic Energy Services (BAS) Files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy; Appoints New Chief Restructuring Officer
- Gogo (GOGO), Phasor Enter in-Flight Connectivity R&D Partnership
- Triumph Group (TGI) Announces Receipt of G650 Program Order Valued at $300M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!