ITUS Corporation (ITUS) Announces Positive Cchek Platform Data in Detecting Melanoma
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
ITUS Corporation (Nasdaq: ITUS) announced that it has successfully utilized its Cchek early cancer detection platform to identify the presence of Melanoma. Melanoma accounts for the vast majority of skin cancer deaths, which kills approximately 121,000 people per year worldwide.
Cchek™ is ITUS's early cancer detection technology, which measures a patient's immunological response to a malignancy by detecting the presence, absence, and quantity of certain unique immune system cells that exist in and around a tumor and that enter the blood stream. As part of the ongoing development of ITUS's Cchek diagnostic platform, the company has successfully used Cchek to detect the presence of Melanoma in patients that have been diagnosed via conventional means, such as invasive procedures like biopsies.
Approximately 232,000 new cases of Melanoma are diagnosed each year worldwide. The 5-year survival rate for localized Melanoma is 98%, but declines to 63% and 17% for regional and distant stage disease, respectively. The company previously announced success with Cchek detecting Breast Cancer, Lung Cancer, and Colorectal Cancer.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Ono Enter Settlement and License Agreement with Merck (MRK) to Resolve PD-1 Antibody Patent Litigation
- Voyager Therapeutics (VYGR) Offers Update on Phase 1b Trial of VY-AADC01 for Advanced Parkinson's Disease
- Delphi Automotive (DLPH) Names Glen De Vos as CTO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!