ITUS Corporation (ITUS) Announces Positive Cchek Platform Data in Detecting Melanoma
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
ITUS Corporation (Nasdaq: ITUS) announced that it has successfully utilized its Cchek early cancer detection platform to identify the presence of Melanoma. Melanoma accounts for the vast majority of skin cancer deaths, which kills approximately 121,000 people per year worldwide.
Cchek™ is ITUS's early cancer detection technology, which measures a patient's immunological response to a malignancy by detecting the presence, absence, and quantity of certain unique immune system cells that exist in and around a tumor and that enter the blood stream. As part of the ongoing development of ITUS's Cchek diagnostic platform, the company has successfully used Cchek to detect the presence of Melanoma in patients that have been diagnosed via conventional means, such as invasive procedures like biopsies.
Approximately 232,000 new cases of Melanoma are diagnosed each year worldwide. The 5-year survival rate for localized Melanoma is 98%, but declines to 63% and 17% for regional and distant stage disease, respectively. The company previously announced success with Cchek detecting Breast Cancer, Lung Cancer, and Colorectal Cancer.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Macy's (M), Sears (SHLD), Kohl's Corp. (KSS) Accused of Posting Fake 'Original' Prices - Bloomberg
- Allergan (AGN) Receives Unfavorable PTAB Decision on RESTASIS-Related IPRs
- Beijing to Slash Amount Withdrawn from ATMs in Macau to Reduce Currency Flight -SCMP (MGM) (LVS) (WYNN) (MPEL)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!