IMAX Corp. (IMAX) Reports In-Line Q3 EPS; Offers Box Office, Network Updates
- World stocks hold near 16-month highs after strong week
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Oil edges higher on optimism over non-OPEC output cuts
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Sibanye Gold (SBGL) to Acquire Stillwater Mining Company (SWC) in $2.2B Deal
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
IMAX Corp. (NYSE: IMAX) reported Q3 EPS of $0.12, in-line with the analyst estimate of $0.12. Revenue for the quarter came in at $86.6 million versus the consensus estimate of $73.25 million.
Network Update: During the quarter, the Company installed 50 theatres, of which 48 were for new theatre locations and 2 were upgrades. The Company also signed contracts for 162 theatres in the third quarter of 2016. The total IMAX theatre network consisted of 1,145 systems as of Sept. 30, 2016, of which 1,037 were in commercial multiplexes. There were 547 theatres in backlog as of Sept. 30, 2016, up 23.8% from the 442 in backlog as of June 30, 2016. For a breakdown of theatre system signings, installations, network and backlog by type, please see the end of this press release.
Box Office Update: Gross box office from IMAX DMR® titles was $186.3 million in the third quarter of 2016, compared with $189.8 million in the prior-year period. The average global DMR box office per-screen average in the third quarter of 2016 was $184,700.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on IMAX Corp. (IMAX) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Steelcase (SCS) Reports Preliminary Q3 EPS In-Line with Views, Revs Light
- Zedge, Inc. (ZDGE) Reports Q1 EPS of $0.02
- Enzo Biochem (ENZ) Tops Q1 EPS by 2c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!