IMAX Corp. (IMAX), Twentieth Century Fox Expand Partnership
- Global stocks sag as bond 'bloodbath' shows no sign of letting up
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Re-upping their existing long-term partnership, IMAX Corporation (NYSE: IMAX) and Twentieth Century Fox, a division of 21st Century Fox (NASDAQ: FOX), jointly announced the companies have signed a new multi-picture agreement including four key future tentpoles from the Fox slate. The deal includes Maze Runner: The Death Cure, Predator, Alita: Battle Angel and the studio's untitled Marvel film, all of which will be digitally re-mastered into the immersive IMAX® format and released in IMAX® theatres worldwide.
"After sharing success with such recent box-office hits as the global phenomenon Deadpool, we are thrilled to sweeten the existing deal with our friends and partners at Twentieth Century Fox by providing IMAX fans worldwide a selection of the studio's most exciting upcoming blockbusters," said Greg Foster, CEO of IMAX Entertainment and Senior Executive Vice President, IMAX Corp. "With this agreement, we look forward to expanding our partnership with Fox and together offer fans around the world IMAX's one-of-a-kind movie-going experience."
The IMAX release of each film will be digitally re-mastered into the image and sound quality of The IMAX Experience® with proprietary IMAX DMR® (Digital Re-mastering) technology. The crystal-clear images, coupled with IMAX's customized theatre geometry and powerful digital audio, create a unique environment that will make audiences feel as if they are in the movie.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Says Offshore Nigeria Oil Discovery Has 500M to 1B Barrels of Oil
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Commences Jet Engine Lubricant Production at Port Allen Plant
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!