IEC Electronics (IEC) Announces Workforce Reduction at Its Newark, NY Facility
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
IEC Electronics Corp. (NYSE MKT: IEC) today confirmed a workforce reduction of approximately 73 full time employees at its Newark, NY facility.
Jeffrey T. Schlarbaum, President & CEO of IEC Electronics commented, "We continue to proactively manage our expense structure as we move through the turnaround. As an outsourced contract manufacturer, our workforce needs fluctuate commensurate with the demands of customer programs. To that end, we have seen a softening in our near term backlog as we look into early fiscal 2017, and have taken proactive steps to align our cost structure with a workforce reduction at our Newark, New York facility as was recently reported by a local media outlet. We remain confident about the long term prospects of the company and look forward to providing a further update in mid-December when we announce our fourth quarter and fiscal year-end financial results."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Herbalife (HLF) Provides Q4, FY17 Guidance in Memorandum for $1.325B Credit Facility; Lowers FY17 Sales Guidance
- Tucows (TCX) to Acquire eNom from Rightside (NAME) for $83.5M
- EXCO Resources (XCO) Announces Receipt of NYSE Continued Listing Standard Notice
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Related EntitiesLayoffs, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!