ICON plc (ICLR) Appoints New Board Member
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
ICON plc, (Nasdaq: ICLR) announced the appointment of Mr. Ronan Murphy as a non-executive director.
Mr. Murphy is the former Senior Partner of PwC, Ireland's largest professional services firm with almost 100 partners and employing over 2,000 people. Mr. Murphy was elected Senior Partner in 2007 and was re-elected for a further four year term in 2011. Following completion of the maximum two terms, Mr. Murphy retired from the firm in June 2015. Mr. Murphy was also a member of the PwC EMEA Leadership Board for a five year period from 2010 to 2015.
Mr. Murphy joined PwC in 1980 and was admitted to the Partnership in 1992. As an Assurance Partner, he served clients across many sectors. In 1995, Mr. Murphy joined the firm’s leadership team and held a number of operational leadership roles, prior to being appointed as Partner in Charge of the firm's Assurance Practice in 2003, a position he held for four years prior to his appointment as Senior Partner.
In early 2016, Mr. Murphy was appointed as a non-executive director of Davy Stockbrokers, and he chairs their Audit Committee. He is also a Director of Liberty Insurance's operations in Ireland and also chairs the Audit Committee.
Mr. Murphy currently serves as a Board Member of the UCD Michael Smurfit Business School and is a founding Board Member of the British Irish Chamber of Commerce.
Mr. Murphy completed a Bachelor of Commerce and Masters in Business Studies at University College Dublin before qualifying as a chartered accountant in 1982.
"I am very pleased that Mr. Murphy has joined the board" commented Mr. Declan McKeon, acting Chairman of the Board. "His leadership of PwC, Ireland’s largest professional services firm, and his extensive business experience and expertise across many industry sectors will bring invaluable expertise to the ICON board”.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Accenture (ACN) Announces Completion of DPS Acquisition
- KVH Industries (KVHI) Names New CFO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!