IBM (IBM) Completes Sanovi Technologies Acquisition
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
IBM (NYSE: IBM) announced it has completed the acquisition of Sanovi Technologies, a privately held company that provides hybrid cloud recovery, cloud migration and business continuity software for enterprise data centers and cloud infrastructure. Adding these capabilities along with advanced analytics will better enable IBM to bolster its Software Defined Resiliency strategy and delivery of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery services for clients undergoing digital and hybrid cloud transformation.
With Sanovi's software, IBM will further empower clients to redefine their disaster recovery strategy in the face of unprecedented industry change. The addition of Sanovi's orchestration technology to IBM's existing resiliency portfolio offers a solution that helps simplify and automate the disaster recovery process, helps to manage recovery workflows, and can help to reduce recovery time, operating costs, and disaster recovery drill testing time. From a central dashboard, resiliency professionals can automate and monitor recovery point and time objectives in their disaster recovery environments by application, server, or data base to work towards business driven recovery outcomes.
IBM plans to integrate the Sanovi capabilities into the IBM Global Technology Services unit. IBM Resiliency Services is continuously evolving to learn, anticipate and confront the growing range of natural and man-made risks surrounding businesses today and was named a Leader for the second consecutive year in Gartner's June 2016 Magic Quadrant for Disaster Recovery as a Service. Moving forward, IBM envisions leveraging Watson Analytics to expand Sanovi's Disaster Recovery Management (DRM) capabilities and enable organizations to move from business continuity planning to more proactive resiliency programs that help anticipate potential failures.
For more information on IBM Resiliency software and services, visit http://ibm.co/1cqLDOz.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- Bonanza Creek Energy (BCEI) Announces Receipt of Continued Listing Standard Notice from NYSE
- IBM (IBM) Watson Health and Pfizer (PFE) Enter Drug Discovery Collaboration
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!