Hutchinson Technology (HTCH) Announces Early Termination of HSR Waiting Period for Merger with TDK
- European stocks hit three-week low as Trump reality sets in
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Calls Apple's (AAPL) Claims 'Baseless'
- Unease over Trump sends dollar to one-and-half month low
- Kate Spade (KATE) Said to Attract Interest from Coach (COH) and Michael Kors (KORS) - Bloomberg
- Oil falls as signs of U.S. output rise overshadow OPEC-led cuts
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Updated - September 22, 2016 8:42 AM EDT)
(Update modifies headline)
Hutchinson Technology Incorporated (NASDAQ: HTCH) (“HTI”) today announced that the U.S. Federal Trade Commission has granted early termination of the waiting period under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976, as amended (the “HSR Act”), with respect to the proposed merger of HTI with and into a wholly owned subsidiary of TDK Corporation (“TDK”). The early termination of the waiting period under the HSR Act satisfies one of the remaining conditions to the closing of the pending merger.
As of August 21, 2016 (the “measurement date”), HTI’s level of cash (subject to certain adjustments) less any outstanding borrowings on its revolving line of credit (the “net cash”), as further defined in the merger agreement with affiliates of TDK, was approximately $47.1 million. Based on HTI’s net cash position as of the measurement date, TDK would acquire all of the outstanding shares of common stock of HTI for total consideration of $4.00 per share.
The merger is currently expected to close no later than October 5, 2016, and remains subject to other customary closing conditions set forth in the merger agreement.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Silgan (SLGN) to Acquire WestRock's (WRK) Specialty Closures and Dispensing Systems Business for $1.03B
- Brookfield Canada Office Properties Responds to Brookfield Property Partners News Release and Establishes a Special Committee
- ADMA Biologics (ADMA) to Acquire Assets from Biotest Pharmaceuticals
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation, Mergers and Acquisitions, Momentum Movers
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!