Humana (HUM) Reaffirms FY16 Guidance Ahead of Investor Meetings
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Humana (NYSE: HUM) disclosed the following on Tuesday:
Item 7.01 Regulation FD Disclosure
Members of Humana Inc.’s senior management team are scheduled to meet with investors at various times between September 6, 2016 and the end of the month. During such meetings, Humana’s management expects to reaffirm its earnings per share (EPS) guidance for the year ending December 31, 2016 as follows:
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
At least $8.55
Transaction and integration costs (a)
At least 0.37
Amortization of identifiable intangibles (a)
Adjusted (non-GAAP) guidance (a)
At least $9.25
This guidance is consistent with that issued in Humana’s current report on Form 8-K filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on August 3, 2016.
The company has included Adjusted EPS guidance in this Form 8-K, which is a financial measure that is not in accordance with GAAP. Management believes that Adjusted EPS, when presented in conjunction with GAAP EPS, is useful to both management and its investors in analyzing the company’s ongoing business and operating performance. Consequently, management uses Adjusted EPS as an indicator of business performance, as well as for operational planning and decision making purposes. Non-GAAP financial measures should be considered in addition to, but not as a substitute for, or superior to, financial measures prepared in accordance with GAAP. Adjusted EPS guidance for FY16 excludes pretax transaction and integration costs associated with the pending transaction with Aetna Inc. of $61 million, or $0.37 per diluted common share, as well as $78 million pretax, or $0.33 per diluted common share associated with the amortization expense for identifiable intangibles. Transaction and integration costs beyond those incurred in the first half of 2016 are to be determined.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Humana (HUM) Writes Corridor Receivables Off; Cites Affordable Care Act
- USA Compression Partners (USAC) Prices $73.1M Common Units Offering
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!