Hormel Foods (HRL) to Sell Clougherty Packing and Other Assets for $145M
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Hormel Foods Corporation (NYSE: HRL) today announced it has entered into a definitive agreement to sell Clougherty Packing, LLC, parent company of Farmer John and Saag’s Specialty Meats, along with PFFJ, LLC farm operations in California, Arizona, and Wyoming to Smithfield Foods, Inc. The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions, including the receipt of regulatory approvals, and is expected to close within 30 days.
“We appreciate the Farmer John, Saag’s and PFFJ employees’ dedication and commitment to their customers and consumers. While the businesses have performed well, they no longer align with our company’s growth strategies,” said Jim Snee, president and chief executive officer. “This divestiture also allows for the integration of the pork processing facility at Farmer John with the majority of the live production operations which supply the facility, and are currently owned by Smithfield. We will work together to ensure a smooth transition for our employees and customers.”
The purchase price was $145 million in cash, subject to working capital adjustments at closing. Farmer John harvests approximately 7,400 hogs per day and, in fiscal 2016, the businesses accounted for approximately $500 million in sales and earnings per share of approximately 3 cents.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Sears Holdings (SHLD) Director Mnuchin Resigns Amid Trump Nod
- Teleflex (TFX) to Acquire Vascular Solutions (VASC) in $1B Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions, Spinoffs
Related EntitiesDividend, Earnings, Dividend Aristocrats
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!