Horizon Pharma (HZNP) Enters Settlement agreement with Express Scripts (ESRX); Will Pay $65M
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Horizon Pharma (Nasdaq: HZNP) disclosed the following in a U.S. SEC filing on Thursday:
Item 1.01 Entry into a Material Definitive Agreement.
On September 26, 2016, Horizon Pharma USA, Inc., an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of Horizon Pharma plc (“Horizon Pharma”) entered into a settlement agreement and mutual release with Express Scripts, Inc. to settle litigation pending in the Delaware Superior Court, Newcastle County.
In November 2015, Express Scripts sued Horizon Pharma for breach of contract seeking payment of $166.2 million in rebates relating to Horizon Pharma medicines DUEXIS®, RAYOS® and VIMOVO®. Horizon Pharma counterclaimed against Express Scripts, contesting the amount owed and contending Express Scripts had breached the rebate agreement. Under the terms of the settlement, each party will be released from any and all claims relating to the litigation without admitting any fault or wrongdoing. In the settlement, Horizon Pharma will pay Express Scripts $65 million.
The settlement amount will be paid to Express Scripts in installments, with 50 percent of the installment paid in the fourth quarter of 2016, 25 percent in the first quarter of 2017 and 25 percent in the second quarter of 2017.
In accordance with U.S. GAAP, Horizon Pharma expects that the settlement payment will be recorded as a reduction in GAAP net sales in the third quarter of fiscal 2016. Due to its non-recurring and unusual nature, Horizon Pharma expects to exclude the litigation settlement from non-GAAP net sales, adjusted EBITDA, non-GAAP net income and non-GAAP diluted earnings per share as a non-GAAP adjustment.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- HomeStreet (HMST) Announces Finalization of Settlement Agreement with SEC
- UPDATE: Viacom's (VIAB) Paramount, Shanghai Film, Huahua Sign Agreement to Co-Finance Slate of Films - Deadline.com
- TAC Capital Files 13D on Bravo Brio Restaurant (BBRG); Adam Nominates 3 to Board
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!