HollyFrontier (HFC), Holly Energy (HEP) Announce Woods Cross Refinery Units Dropdown; Holly Energy Enters $100M Equity Raise
- Top 10 News for 9/19 - 9/23: Twitter on the Auction Block; Allergan Bolsters NASH Effort; Microsoft Returns Value
- Wall Street falls as energy lags; shares post gains on week
- Rumored Forever, Twitter (TWTR) May Have Finally Put the 'For Sale' Sign Up
- Facebook (FB) Shares Under Pressure on Reports Video Ad Metrics Were Artificially Inflated
- Brookfield Infrastructure (BIP)-Led Consortium to Take Controlling Stake in Petrobras' (PBR) NTS for $5.2B
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
HollyFrontier Corporation (NYSE: HFC) and Holly Energy Partners, L.P. (NYSE: HEP) announced an agreement in principle for the acquisition by Holly Energy of a HollyFrontier subsidiary, which owns certain Woods Cross Refinery units constructed as part of the Woods Cross expansion for a total cash consideration of approximately $275.0 million, subject to the execution of definitive agreements and other customary closing conditions. The total transaction consideration represents an implied multiple of 8.5 times the 2017 expected EBITDA contribution. Holly Energy expects that the transaction will be immediately accretive to unitholders and contribute towards the achievement of HEP’s 8% distribution growth target. The transaction is expected to close on or about October 1, 2016.
The assets to be acquired by Holly Energy include the newly constructed crude, fluid catalytic cracking and polymerization units at HollyFrontier's Woods Cross refinery. In connection with the closing of the proposed transaction, HollyFrontier and Holly Energy expect to enter into 15-year tolling agreements for each respective unit containing minimum quarterly throughput commitments from HollyFrontier.
In conjunction with the closing of the proposed transaction, Holly Energy has agreed to a private placement with certain clients of Tortoise Capital Advisors, L.L.C. for approximately $100 million of common equity. Holly Energy Partners does not anticipate any further equity financing needs for the remainder of 2016. The balance of the purchase price will be financed by borrowings under Holly Energy Partner’s existing revolving credit agreement.n
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Consolidated-Tomoka Land (CTO) Acquires 0.91 Acres in Dallas, Texas for Approximately $14.9M
- Baird Recommends Buying SolarCity (SCTY) as a Trade, Expects Tesla (TSLA) Deal to Close
- e-Future (EFUT) to be Acquired by Shiji and eFuture CI for $6.42/Share
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Equity Offerings, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesCrude Oil, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!