HollyFrontier (HFC), Holly Energy (HEP) Announce Woods Cross Refinery Units Dropdown; Holly Energy Enters $100M Equity Raise
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
HollyFrontier Corporation (NYSE: HFC) and Holly Energy Partners, L.P. (NYSE: HEP) announced an agreement in principle for the acquisition by Holly Energy of a HollyFrontier subsidiary, which owns certain Woods Cross Refinery units constructed as part of the Woods Cross expansion for a total cash consideration of approximately $275.0 million, subject to the execution of definitive agreements and other customary closing conditions. The total transaction consideration represents an implied multiple of 8.5 times the 2017 expected EBITDA contribution. Holly Energy expects that the transaction will be immediately accretive to unitholders and contribute towards the achievement of HEP’s 8% distribution growth target. The transaction is expected to close on or about October 1, 2016.
The assets to be acquired by Holly Energy include the newly constructed crude, fluid catalytic cracking and polymerization units at HollyFrontier's Woods Cross refinery. In connection with the closing of the proposed transaction, HollyFrontier and Holly Energy expect to enter into 15-year tolling agreements for each respective unit containing minimum quarterly throughput commitments from HollyFrontier.
In conjunction with the closing of the proposed transaction, Holly Energy has agreed to a private placement with certain clients of Tortoise Capital Advisors, L.L.C. for approximately $100 million of common equity. Holly Energy Partners does not anticipate any further equity financing needs for the remainder of 2016. The balance of the purchase price will be financed by borrowings under Holly Energy Partner’s existing revolving credit agreement.n
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rite Aid (RAD)/Walgreens (WBA) Antitrust Concerns Doesn't Mean Deal is Dead, Says Deutsche Bank
- Air Products (APD) Sends Letter Outlining Terms of Preliminary, Non-binding Indication of Interest to Acquire Yingde
- Interpace Diagnostics (IDXG) Enters $4M Common Stock Securities Purchase Agreement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Equity Offerings, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesCrude Oil, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!