Histogenics (HSGX) Reaches 75% Enrollment Milestone in NeoCart Phase 3
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Histogenics Corporation (Histogenics) (Nasdaq: HSGX) announced that as of October 24, 2016 it had enrolled 183, or approximately three-quarters, of the 245 patients required to complete enrollment of its ongoing NeoCart Phase 3 clinical trial. This trial is being conducted under a Special Protocol Assessment (SPA) with the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
“The enrollment strategies we implemented last year continue to result in increased patient enrollment in our ongoing NeoCart Phase 3 clinical trial. With enrollment approximately 75% complete and tracking ahead of our expectations, we are now counting down the number of patients required to complete enrollment and turning our focus to the generation and availability of the one-year superiority data and a BLA submission to the FDA shortly thereafter,” stated Adam Gridley, Chief Executive Officer of Histogenics. “Having recently completed a financing aimed at funding Histogenics through our top-line data read-out in mid-2018, we believe we are well positioned to execute on our operating plans to bring this important therapy to market, if approved,” continued Mr. Gridley.
The Phase 3 clinical trial is designed to evaluate the safety and efficacy of NeoCart as a first-line therapy for full thickness knee cartilage defects in skeletally mature adults ages 18 to 59 and to show superiority of NeoCart against the current standard of care, microfracture. NeoCart is a tissue-engineered cartilage implant created from a patient’s own cells. The patient’s cells are multiplied in Histogenics’ laboratory and then infused into a proprietary scaffold to allow them to function like native cartilage. Before NeoCart is shipped to the surgeon for implantation, the cell and scaffold construct undergoes a bioengineering process that is designed to mimic a joint so that the implant, upon placement in the knee with a proprietary bioadhesive, is primed to begin functioning like healthy cartilage. Histogenics believes that these attributes may offer patients a more rapid recovery and a more durable treatment option, if approved, than other products and procedures, either on the market or in development.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) Announces Filing Regulatory Submission with EMA for FF/UMEC/VI as COPD Treatment
- Senseonics Holdings (SENS) Enters Expanded Distribution Agreement with Roche (RHHBY)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!