Hi-Tech (HITK) Gets FDA Approval for Generica Keppra ANDA
- Top 10 News for 8/25 - 8/29: S&P 500's New Record; U.S. Q2 GDP Outpaces Views; Major Mergers Aplenty
- AIG's (AIG) Peter Hancock Assumes CEO Role; Benmosche Becomes Advisor
- Pressure on U.S. to Update Terror Alert System After U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level
- American Airlines Group (AAL)/Orbitz Worldwide (OWW) Reach Agreement; American Airlines Back on Orbitz Sites
- FTC Requests Additional Info from Reynolds American (RAI), Lorillard (LO) on Pending Deal
Hi-Tech Pharmacal Co., Inc. (Nasdaq: HITK), reports that the US Food and Drug Administration, (FDA) granted final approval for the Company's Abbreviated New Drug Application, (ANDA) for Levetiracetam oral solution 100mg/mL, the generic for UCB Pharma’s Keppra oral solution which had combined brand and generic sales of $62 million for the 12 months ended December 2011 according to IMS sales data. The product is used to treat partial onset seizures in people 16 years of age and older with epilepsy. Hi-Tech plans to launch the product by May 2012.
You May Also Be Interested In
- United Therapeutics (UTHR) Gains After Judge Rules Remodulin Patents are Not Invalid
- Mast Therapeutics (MSTX) CMO to Depart, Replacement Named
- Pfizer (PFE) and Protalix BioTherapeutics (PLX) Report FDA Approval of Pediatric Indication for ELELYSO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!