Hi-Crush Partners (HCLP) Acquires Blair Facility in Cash, Stock, and Contingent Deal
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Hi-Crush Partners LP (NYSE: HCLP) "Hi-Crush" or the "Partnership" announced today that it has entered into a contribution agreement with Hi-Crush Proppants LLC ("Proppants") to acquire Hi-Crush Blair LLC ("Blair"), the entity that owns Proppants' raw frac sand processing facility located in Blair, Wisconsin. Blair has 1,285-acres of Northern White reserves, with a plant processing capacity of approximately 2.86 million tons of 20/100 frac sand per year.
Under the terms of the transaction, the Partnership will pay cash consideration of $75 million to Proppants, issue 7,053,292 of common units, and pay up to $10 million of contingent earnout consideration. At the closing of the acquisition, the Partnership will own all of Blair's membership interests. The acquisition is expected to close in September 2016, subject to regulatory approvals and other closing conditions.
Lazard Frères & Co. LLC acted as financial advisor to Proppants. Evercore Partners L.L.C. advised the Conflicts Committee, comprised entirely of independent directors of the Board of Directors of the general partner of the Partnership, which unanimously approved the transaction.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- Celgene (CELG) to Acquire Acetylon Pharmaceuticals
- Franklin Street Properties (FSP) Acquires Denver-Located Dominion Towers
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesLazard, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!