Hershey Foods (HSY) Won't Comment on Today's Market Rumor
- Wall Street drops as banks, health stocks weigh
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Tops Q4 EPS by 17c
- Trump, Brexit uncertainty hit stocks and dollar, gold jumps
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 01/17: (FWP) (CLSN) (GEVO) Higher; (ADHD) (CBK) (UEC) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Hershey Foods (NYSE: HSY) offered no comment on rumors in the market Thursday that it was the target of a takeover bid from Nestle.
"As a matter of company policy, we do not comment on market speculation related to mergers and acquisitions," a company spokesperson told StreetInsider in an e-mail.
The rumor, while unsubstantiated, had shares of Hershey up over 3% earlier. In addition, options trading was highly active.
Shares have since moved off the morning highs and were last up 1.8%.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- TRC Cos. (TRR) Acquires NJCEP Contract, Assumes Administrator Role
- Sirius XM (SIRI) Said Still Interested in Pandora (P) - NYP
- Rennova Health (RNVA) Closes Previously Reported Asset Purchase Agreement of Scott County Community Hospital
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!