Herbalife (HLF) Posts Third Video vs Ackman Entitled, 'Strategies Cost His Investors Millions'
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Herbalife (NYSE: HLF) announced the third in its latest series of videos that showcase observations by the media and other thought leaders about the motives, failed investment strategies and questionable tactics of Bill Ackman. Observers have questioned his scruples and ethics, arguing that he has put his personal agenda ahead of the interests of his investors.
The third video in the series, “Strategies Cost His Investors Millions,” posted today on TheRealBillAckman.com. Many have criticized his imprudent investment strategy, noting, “To take that big a bet for your fund and your investors, I think it’s foolish,” and, “He’s failed to follow the No. 1 rule of investing: cut your losses.”
“Like other investments, it seems as though Bill Ackman’s hubris might be getting in the way of his judgment,” said Alan Hoffman, executive vice president, global corporate affairs, Herbalife.
For close to four years, Bill Ackman has launched a well-funded, aggressive market manipulation campaign, filled with false statements, to support his reckless $1 billion bet against Herbalife. In addition to the investment loss for his investors, Bill Ackman said his carrying costs were approximately $100 million annually, which when combined with the more than $75 million he has spent on lobbying and public relations, adds up to real money.
Visit http://www.therealbillackman.com/ to watch the video and learn more about Bill Ackman’s utterly unimpressive record and questionable tactics.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Early Express Scripts (ESRX) Trade Wasn't Him, Citron's Left Tells CNBC
- Point72 Asset Management, L.P. Raises Stake in OPHTHOTECH (OPHT) to 5.0%
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/06: (TXMD) (IL) (GPRO) Higher; (SB) (MIK) (CMG) Lower (more...)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hedge Funds, Short Sales
Related EntitiesWilliam Ackman
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!