Herbalife (HLF) Posts Third Video vs Ackman Entitled, 'Strategies Cost His Investors Millions'
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Herbalife (NYSE: HLF) announced the third in its latest series of videos that showcase observations by the media and other thought leaders about the motives, failed investment strategies and questionable tactics of Bill Ackman. Observers have questioned his scruples and ethics, arguing that he has put his personal agenda ahead of the interests of his investors.
The third video in the series, “Strategies Cost His Investors Millions,” posted today on TheRealBillAckman.com. Many have criticized his imprudent investment strategy, noting, “To take that big a bet for your fund and your investors, I think it’s foolish,” and, “He’s failed to follow the No. 1 rule of investing: cut your losses.”
“Like other investments, it seems as though Bill Ackman’s hubris might be getting in the way of his judgment,” said Alan Hoffman, executive vice president, global corporate affairs, Herbalife.
For close to four years, Bill Ackman has launched a well-funded, aggressive market manipulation campaign, filled with false statements, to support his reckless $1 billion bet against Herbalife. In addition to the investment loss for his investors, Bill Ackman said his carrying costs were approximately $100 million annually, which when combined with the more than $75 million he has spent on lobbying and public relations, adds up to real money.
Visit http://www.therealbillackman.com/ to watch the video and learn more about Bill Ackman’s utterly unimpressive record and questionable tactics.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Herbalife (HLF) Provides Q4, FY17 Guidance in Memorandum for $1.325B Credit Facility; Lowers FY17 Sales Guidance
- Herbalife (HLF) $1.175B Cov-Lite 7Y 1L TL for Refi, $150m RCF; Bank Meeting Jan. 20 - Bloomberg
- Netflix (NFLX) merits a spot in the 'bubble basket', Einhorn Says - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hedge Funds, Short Sales
Related EntitiesWilliam Ackman
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!