Herbalife (HLF) Posts Second Ackman-Focused Video: 'Costly Missteps'
- Wall Street hits new high as post-election rally roars ahead
- ECB to scale back asset buys as it extends to end-2017
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 despite doubts over OPEC output cut
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/08: (VYGR) (TLRD) (LULU) Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Global nutrition company Herbalife (NYSE: HLF) announced the second in its latest series of videos that showcase observations by the media and other thought leaders about the motives, failed investment strategies and questionable tactics of Bill Ackman. Observers have questioned his scruples and ethics, arguing that he has put his personal agenda ahead of the interests of his investors.
The second video in the series, “Costly Missteps” posted today on TheRealBillAckman.com, includes observations of journalists and others about how Ackman’s “hubris and ego” have cost his investors millions of dollars. Others have commented that to “double down, even triple down on his original poor investment, is ridiculous.” Finally, some have said that Ackman’s investment strategy “is nothing more than gambling.”
“In addition to the investment loss for his investors, Bill Ackman has spent hundreds of millions of dollars on carrying costs, lobbying and public relations. This is real money for his investors who, according to recent media articles, are questioning his investment strategies,” said Alan Hoffman, executive vice president, global corporate affairs, Herbalife.
For close to four years, Bill Ackman has launched a well-funded, aggressive market manipulation campaign, filled with false statements, to support his reckless $1 billion bet against Herbalife. In addition to the investment loss for his investors, Bill Ackman said his carrying costs were approximately $100 million annually, which when combined with the more than $75 million he has spent on lobbying and public relations, adds up to real money.
Visit http://www.therealbillackman.com/ to watch the video and learn more about Bill Ackman’s utterly unimpressive record and questionable tactics.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Universal Health (UHS) Disputes and Denies Conclusions in BuzzFeed Article
- U.S. Steel (X) Issues Clarification on Comments Made by CEO Longhi; Says Worker Recall Refers to Entire Industry
- Puma Biotech (PBYI) Updates on PB272 NSABP FB-7 Phase 2; No Significant Difference Noted
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hedge Funds, Management Comments, Short Sales
Related EntitiesWilliam Ackman
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!