Herbalife (HLF) Launches Fourth Video Against Pershing Square's Ackman
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Global nutrition company Herbalife (NYSE: HLF) announced the fourth in its latest series of videos that showcase observations by the media and other thought leaders about the motives, failed investment strategies and questionable tactics of Bill Ackman. Observers have questioned his scruples and ethics, arguing that he has put his personal agenda ahead of the interests of his investors.
The fourth video in the series, “Ackman’s Tactics Called Into Question” posted today on TheRealBillAckman.com, underscores Ackman’s “highly questionable” tactics and suggests they “might cross ethical and possibly legal lines,” and clearly do not meet the established norms of Wall Street and standards of activist investors.
“Activist investors can, and often do, increase shareholder value by improving corporations in many ways. Yet, in the wrong hands, activist investing can do untold damage to employees, companies and our country’s economy and if left unchecked and without accountability, they portend a troubling future for our financial markets,” said Alan Hoffman, executive vice president, global corporate affairs, Herbalife.
For close to four years, Bill Ackman has launched a well-funded, aggressive market manipulation campaign, filled with false statements, to support his reckless $1 billion bet against Herbalife. In addition to the investment loss for his investors, Bill Ackman said his carrying costs were approximately $100 million annually, which when combined with the more than $75 million he has spent on lobbying and public relations, adds up to real money.
Visit http://www.therealbillackman.com/ to watch the video and learn more about Bill Ackman’s utterly unimpressive record and questionable tactics.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Basic Energy Services (BAS) Announces Court Approval Of Restructuring and Recap Plan
- Whirlpool (WHR) Announces U.S. Confirms Samsung and LG Dumped Washers
- Dynegy (DYN) Subsidiary Genco Files for Court Approval of Prepackaged Reorganization Plan
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Short Sales
Related EntitiesWilliam Ackman, Pershing Square Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!