Hemispherx Biopharma (HEB) Gets Final Approval for Settlement of Derivative, Class Action Suit
- Top 10 News for 9/19 - 9/23: Twitter on the Auction Block; Allergan Bolsters NASH Effort; Microsoft Returns Value
- Wall Street falls as energy lags; shares post gains on week
- Rumored Forever, Twitter (TWTR) May Have Finally Put the 'For Sale' Sign Up
- Facebook (FB) Shares Under Pressure on Reports Video Ad Metrics Were Artificially Inflated
- Brookfield Infrastructure (BIP)-Led Consortium to Take Controlling Stake in Petrobras' (PBR) NTS for $5.2B
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Hemispherx Biopharma (NYSE: HEB) announced that the Court of Chancery of the State of Delaware has issued an order granting final approval of a settlement of the derivative and class action case captioned Kastis, et al. v. Carter, et al.
At a final settlement hearing on September 19, 2016, the Court approved the settlement and awarded the plaintiffs’ counsel $1.25 million in attorneys’ fees. No Company funds were used to pay the settlement or attorneys’ fees award; the settlement was funded by Hemispherx’s insurance companies which paid to Hemispherx $3.5 million in settlement of several policy disputes, in part related to this claim, that were in policy mediation. The final settlement does not constitute any admission of fault or wrongdoing by Hemispherx or any of the individual defendants.
"We are pleased to close this chapter and move forward toward continued success in accomplishing our important corporate goals of developing and commercializing Ampligen and Alferon," said Tom Equels, Hemispherx's CEO. "The net result of this order is that substantial funds and management time are now free for business purposes, rather than litigation, and we have settled all pending material litigation."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BioLineRx (BLRX) Enters ESLD in-Licensing Agreement
- Hemispherx Biopharma Announces Granting of Final Settlement of Derivative and Class Action Case
- Veracyte (VCYT) Announces Positive Data on Afirma in Thyroid Cancer Diagnosis
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!