Hemispherx Biopharma (HEB) Gets Final Approval for Settlement of Derivative, Class Action Suit
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Hemispherx Biopharma (NYSE: HEB) announced that the Court of Chancery of the State of Delaware has issued an order granting final approval of a settlement of the derivative and class action case captioned Kastis, et al. v. Carter, et al.
At a final settlement hearing on September 19, 2016, the Court approved the settlement and awarded the plaintiffs’ counsel $1.25 million in attorneys’ fees. No Company funds were used to pay the settlement or attorneys’ fees award; the settlement was funded by Hemispherx’s insurance companies which paid to Hemispherx $3.5 million in settlement of several policy disputes, in part related to this claim, that were in policy mediation. The final settlement does not constitute any admission of fault or wrongdoing by Hemispherx or any of the individual defendants.
"We are pleased to close this chapter and move forward toward continued success in accomplishing our important corporate goals of developing and commercializing Ampligen and Alferon," said Tom Equels, Hemispherx's CEO. "The net result of this order is that substantial funds and management time are now free for business purposes, rather than litigation, and we have settled all pending material litigation."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Ono Enter Settlement and License Agreement with Merck (MRK) to Resolve PD-1 Antibody Patent Litigation
- Voyager Therapeutics (VYGR) Offers Update on Phase 1b Trial of VY-AADC01 for Advanced Parkinson's Disease
- Rennova Health (RNVA) Says Genomas Subsidiary Granted Patent
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!