Hemispherx Biopharma (HEB) Gets Final Approval for Settlement of Derivative, Class Action Suit
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Hemispherx Biopharma (NYSE: HEB) announced that the Court of Chancery of the State of Delaware has issued an order granting final approval of a settlement of the derivative and class action case captioned Kastis, et al. v. Carter, et al.
At a final settlement hearing on September 19, 2016, the Court approved the settlement and awarded the plaintiffs’ counsel $1.25 million in attorneys’ fees. No Company funds were used to pay the settlement or attorneys’ fees award; the settlement was funded by Hemispherx’s insurance companies which paid to Hemispherx $3.5 million in settlement of several policy disputes, in part related to this claim, that were in policy mediation. The final settlement does not constitute any admission of fault or wrongdoing by Hemispherx or any of the individual defendants.
"We are pleased to close this chapter and move forward toward continued success in accomplishing our important corporate goals of developing and commercializing Ampligen and Alferon," said Tom Equels, Hemispherx's CEO. "The net result of this order is that substantial funds and management time are now free for business purposes, rather than litigation, and we have settled all pending material litigation."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Booz Allen Hamilton (BAH) Announces External Review Following Arrest of Former Employee
- Apple (AAPL) Unveils New TV App
- Apple (AAPL) Launches All-New MacBook Pro; Will Start at $1,499
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!