Healthways (HWAY) Announces New Organizational Structure Following Health Business Unit Divestiture
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
In less than two months after divesting its Total Population Health Business to Sharecare, Healthways, Inc. (Nasdaq: HWAY) announced a new organizational structure that will allow the company to more effectively execute its strategy to drive growth and strong financial performance.
“With a heightened emphasis on targeted population health for the 50+ population, our new organizational structure will support Healthways, Inc.’s ‘A-B-C’ strategy designed to add new members and build engagement among current members in our existing three networks - SilverSneakers®, Prime® Fitness and Physical Medicine - while at the same time identifying ways to collaborate with partners to develop new products and services,” said Donato Tramuto, Chief Executive Officer of Healthways.
In addition to Robert E. Dries, who was recently named Chief Financial Officer, and Chief Legal Officer Mary Flipse, the following leaders and/or roles will report to Tramuto:
- With a focus on adding and retaining membership in Healthways, Inc.’s existing three networks, Steve Janicak has been named the Chief Growth Officer, effective immediately. Janicak is responsible for driving top-line growth through sales and client relations, and joins Healthways, Inc. from CareCentrix, where he served as Chief Sales and Marketing Officer. He has more than 30 years of sales and marketing leadership experience, with specific expertise in working with Medicare and managed care clients.
- Paul Edmisten has been named Chief Information Officer, responsible for all aspects of information technology (IT), data management and business intelligence strategy. Edmisten has served as the interim chief information and technology officer at Healthways, Inc. for 12 months in a consulting role, and has more than 30 years of experience enabling, transforming and delivering technology for large organizations.
- The Chief Experience Officer (CXO) will be responsible for driving member engagement and utilization of products and services by creating memorable experiences for the members. By using consumer data, evidence-based principles of behavior change and experience design, the CXO will lead the development of digital and traditional media and marketing campaigns aimed at increasing sustained engagement with members. Healthways, Inc. is currently conducting an executive search for the CXO, while 27-year Healthways, Inc. veteran Janet Calhoun serves in the role on an interim basis.
- The Chief Operating and Product Officer will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of all services and products. This includes oversight of Healthways, Inc.’s extensive network system, customer service, delivery of the three-primary service lines (SilverSneakers®, Prime® Fitness, and Physical Medicine), as well as human resources. Healthways, Inc. conducted an executive search for the Chief Operating and Product Officer, and expects to announce the new officer in the coming weeks.
- Current Network Solutions Chief Operating Officer Joy Powell will transition to Executive Advisor to the CEO. In this role, Powell will focus on the further development of partnership opportunities within Healthways, Inc.’s current client footprint.
As a result of Healthways, Inc.’s strategic direction and organizational alignment, Sid Stolz, President of Network Solutions, left the company effective September 15, 2016.
“I would like to thank Sid for his leadership of our legacy Network Solutions business. His energy, passion and strategic guidance during this past year continued driving the growth of Network Solutions, and SilverSneakers remains the premier fitness network for Americans 65 and older,” said Tramuto.
“I am excited to welcome Steve and Paul to our leadership team. They both bring a tremendous amount of experience and will play pivotal roles in the execution of our strategy moving forward. We hope to fill the Chief Operations Officer and Chief Experience Officer roles as quickly as possible, as each are critical to our ongoing success,” Tramuto continued.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Midstates Petroleum (MPO) Completes Ch. 11 Bankruptcy; Will Trade Under 'MPO'
- Merck (MRK) Announces KEYTRUDA Phase 3 KEYNOTE-045 Met Primary Endpoint; Trial Stopped Early
- PayPal says some customers unable to make payments due to cyber attack on Dyn
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!